You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > New Tyres

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

New Tyres

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and also new to the big bikes, I use to ride 125's few years back but now I'm on a Yamaha R6. Just wanted to ask if anyone has the same on similar bike and what tyres they use?at the moment I have old bridgestone and Dunlop on front ( straight away not good start having mixed tyres ) but yesterday trying to get knee down in the dry and front was slipping out. I've been told to replace them. I'm thinking of getting Michelin 2CT's? Any suggestions. Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 21:57)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pacman53

Jan 13

pacman53 says:

Tires pressure...

I'm really surprised to read that some people are running 22F & 26R (PSI) on the track on DOT road sport tires!!! :shock: The tires will overheat!!!

On the road, I normally run 36F & 40R (PSI) cold pressure and used to run 30F & 30R (PSI) cold pressure on the track with the same tires.

***I'm also over 200 pounds all gear up.

Reply to this Topic
R1SP2006

Jan 13

R1SP2006 says:

tyre pressures

Hey guys just letting you know i wouldn't be running anything less then F30-32/R32-34 psi cold and F32-34/R34-36 hot if you are using std radials which most street bikes have the only exception would be DUNLOP N-TECH which use lower pressures and thats for the rear only .
And if your going for a ride other than to the shops to buy milk check the pressures First

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snikrepn

Jan 13

snikrepn says:

Street Bike Tires

You need to try out street bike tire categories. They are indeed reliable...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices