Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

Valentino Rossi is likely to race a new chassis when the MotoGP world championship resumes at his home race in Misano next month.The Italian spent a two-day test at the Misano track this week evaluating a new chassis and swingarm, which is the biggest single update on the Desmosedici since winter testing back in February and March.Rossi and crew chief...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 August 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

tris123...

"2007, fastest bike with bridgestone tyres."

Just looking at Brno 2007 as a random example... Stoner on the Ducati 291kph... Dani Pedrosa on the Honda 291kph... some advantage!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Do shut up Tris

as the more you yap the dumber everyone knows you are.

1. "Stoner can't even beat Pedrosa on the same bike". Casey was soundly beating Pedrosa until Bridgestone took away the tire he was using. Matter of fact, he still has more wins than Pedrosa. Dani didn't even take a win until the 8th rd in Germany.

2. I can go down the list and play with injury "facts" as well with Rossi ,Jorge and everyone else who's won the title - Nicky only won in 2006 because Loris was hurt, Rossi only won in 2008 because Casey's wrist was shot, Jorge busted both ankles, Dani hurt his knee, wrist, finger, etc, Rossi only won in 2009 because Casey got sick and Dani hurt his leg, knee, etc, Jorge only won in 2010 because Rossi broke his leg and Dani injured his shoulder, blah, blah, blah,

3. "The fact that he was winning more races simply proves my point" is probably one of the dumbest things I've read. How does him winning more races than anyone who is currently on the grid who has had the same opportunity of winning as him prove your points that he's had it easy? If anything it disproves your point. You're a moron.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

@hedgehog

Good comparison, the tiniest rider on the field.  How about compared to Rossi or any other rider bigger than a small boy. 

What about 2008/9 when Rossi got the Bridgestones and kicked Stoners ass HARD.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

@RAWass

I can't really explain it any better, maybe I'm not the only moron.

Lorenzo 1st

Pedrosa 2nd

Stoner 3rd

That is before Stoner got injured.

My point is simple if Stoner is as good as you think he is then why wasn't he beating Dani.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tris a moron RawDawg?

Have you ever met someone in yellow who's not? To a man they're at least one sandwich short of a full picnic.

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

Casey and the gang

Casey is very quick on his day and like all the others goes quick when he has a bike to suit. It was obvious that he did have the quickest bike in 2007 with it being 12 kph faster than the Yam and about 17 kph quicker than the Honda at Qatar. but he did have to finish every race and win on it which Capirossi couldnt get close to.

Every world championship win is down to luck.

Mid 90's Dohans 5 straight titles no major rival, 99 Crivielle won because doohan had retired. 2000 Roberts won because crivielle was ill and it was rossis first season.2001 rossi just pushed biaggi to fall off. 2002/03 the RCV was by far the best bike. 2004 yes a brilliant achievement by rossi by his closest rivals were biaggi and Gibernau neither who made it big in the top class. and so on till present day.

If Pedrosa wins the title this year it will be the most deserved title for ages.

I have always been a bit anti pedrosa because of his lack of grit and fight but this year he is proving me wrong and i support him fully.

And well done Cal shame it had to come with Stoner out and spies off form and the obvious fact that now he has signed for Tech 3 and dovi off to Ducati that he has the better bike now

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dawg says..

Casey was soundly beating Pedrosa until Bridgestone took away the tire he was using..

Yeah..and he beat everyone soundly in 2007 until Rossi got the special Bridgestones he was using. Funny that?

I love it when #27er fannyboys paint Stoner as the victim without thinking. 2011, Casey was one of the loudest voices slagging Bridgestones cold temperature performance and got what he asked for. They all get the same tyres so it's a piss poor excuse. 

Another funny thing is..first year on the Marlboro Ducati he won 10. First year on the Repsol Honda he won 10 too..

20 wins out of 34 in two seasons with the remaining 14 coming in three and two-thirds.

Still a good effort but, it kinda puts those those two years into perspective wouldn't you say? 

The funny thing is this year..again Casey get's beaten 2nd year when logically he should be stronger with more experience..or maybe it's because his advantages seem to diminish...

Odd that?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Rossi v rea

Rea to beat Rossi on his debut on RCV?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

huggydave

Interesting thought but I think on his debut ride I think it is highly unlikely.
I just hope Rea takes his time to learn the bike before pushing too hard.
Would rather see him finish than bin it especially in his first race.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Buelligan

Hope he doesn't bin it either, I hope Rossi gets of near front and jonny takes his time to bed in, i see Rossi going backwards as tyre goes off and jonny hopefully going forwards as gets used to bike and tyres, be great for jonnys confidence to even follow the chap, but I'd be happy with him beating elias, go jonny go go go!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices