Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

Valentino Rossi is likely to race a new chassis when the MotoGP world championship resumes at his home race in Misano next month.The Italian spent a two-day test at the Misano track this week evaluating a new chassis and swingarm, which is the biggest single update on the Desmosedici since winter testing back in February and March.Rossi and crew chief...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 August 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Jamie, don't go..

..you're the only light amongst all this darkness. We need you!...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bloodbubble..

..yes, very much in the same way you've dealt with my post..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Love, is a burning thing..

Lorenzo: ..was a rookie in 2008 on Michelins. Stoner was World Champ on Bridgestones. Rossi was on Bridgestones for the first time.

When other fans point out that Stoner had big advantages in 2007, bullshit is called...it's sour grapes. What about Capirossi. Yet now for convenience sake, the other bikes caught up and strode ahead in the development stakes and wosi is not giving credit where it's due?

I've said exactly that all along.

We can move the same line of thinkng through to 2011 but with a much larger gap between Ducati and the Japs, with 4 works Hondas and a multitude of talent on better bikes? No..it's laughed out of town and down to a 9 time champ losing it overnight and not knowing his arse from his elbow when it comes to bike development. He hasn't got a clue..but 21 year old Stoner did, it was nothing to do with his inexperience?

In my view that is gymnastics of Olympic standard and fkin hypocritical. Cutting of the cloth to suit

It's clear that Ducati did change their bike, a massive change to CF, under Stoner's tenure because he asked for a stiffer chassis, stiffer swinging arm..stiffer fkin everything. Something Hayden is on record as saying he disagreed with but, as Stoner was getting the wins it was.."ride it like Casey or we'll send you to the shrink like we did Melandri.." Ducati put all their eggs in one basket. Whatever they made, Casey would ride the living shit out of it. They got complacent. 

Stoner is on record as saying he hates testing. He always does the minimum of work and laps in tesing and practice. His excuse..look at the wins, it works for me.

He's no development rider. How many times has it been said he rides around issues? Talent and posting fast laps only gets you so far. Application, work and the right approach is also very important for the team. He had four years at Ducati ffs and still insists the bike was good when he left and his one-eyed fans are happy to agree, again conveniently forgetting two 4th places in the standings because..fk the championship, it's all about the wins. You keep winning and a title is a bonus at the end of the year.

Well it hasn't worked out that way this year has it?..

As for Rossi..He's the highest paid rider for a reason. He knows what he's doing. That Ducati's fortunes were in a state, even with the Mercurial Stoner on board, is not up for debate.

They wanted him to lead the project back to full health. they said they were prepared to do what he asked..and then they changed their mind.

The difference between Rossi and Stoner at Ducati is that one inherited a championship calibre bike and over four years set various piles of tinderwood and struck a match, then ran away. The other was trying to rescue a tricky situation, firefighting the the burning flames in danger of getting out of control and set by home-spun pyromaniacs, when the man at the pump, Preziosi, turned the water off.

Fk that..let it all burn.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

commitment

It isn't a case of Rossi lacking commitment, it is a case of he doesn't want risk his neck on a bike that has major front end issues. People may say he isn't trying, but how many laps has he done in race and testing, using multiple setups in order to find a solution. As a racer, he isn't riding around for a laugh, he wants to get the bike competitive.

For two years he has been riding a bike that wants to throw him off and for two years he has been telling Ducati there are front end issues, but he still wants to try the new upgrades.

Ok he may not ride the bike in the manner that some people think it should be ridden, but they aren't the ones riding the bike. But I don't think he lacks commitment.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

chr

Wish you would change your avatar.
As a big Hendrix fan it pains me to see his image alongside someone who writes so much dross.
Try to face reality please.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Wosi

Pretty much spot on if alittle harsh on Stoner. Baiting per chance? But fair play I've always said to be considered one of the greats you have to win championships and maybe some road racing eg. Hailwood, Ago and Foggy. Stoner has 2 championships in one championship both in the 800 era so in my eyes he will always be an imense talent he'll never be a true great.

Back on topic hope this chassis helps Ducati move towards the front to atleast put pressure on podium places and make the racing a tad more exciting.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baiting..

oily..moi?

:biggrin::tongue::winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Wosi

Don't worry I won't tell if you don't.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Buelligan.

Your kind of reality is something I'd prefer not to face...."You're just like crosstown traffic So hard to get through to you"

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Buelligan

Tried to message you direct but yr profile hidden.  Yes I'm a great Mike the Bike fan first saw him race when I was 17.  There was a man who could ride anything and win. He also quit the game and went car racing at the peak of his career returning a few years later - 12 years I think and resumed his winning ways.  So no-one should write Rossi off after 2 years in the doldrums.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices