Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

Valentino Rossi is likely to race a new chassis when the MotoGP world championship resumes at his home race in Misano next month.The Italian spent a two-day test at the Misano track this week evaluating a new chassis and swingarm, which is the biggest single update on the Desmosedici since winter testing back in February and March.Rossi and crew chief...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 August 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Binthere

Aug 12

Binthere says:

trailler

Left Handers are people of dubious ethnicity who pleasure themselves with their left hand whilst typing comedic slurs against the Crutchlow with their right hand. Quite ambidextrous actually,far above the capabilities of us Black Country boys.By the way revbenny you are awfull but I like you.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Likewise

Benjamin, there are some who think such regarding your own good self. Just how much time do we need?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

If,when and but

Stoner is gone and won't be back in a 'here's hoping' SBK scenario. He cited the current and evolving set of dumbed down GP regulations as one of the prime movers behind his decision.

Frankly I don't take anything Rossi says as gospel.

I will finish my career with Yamaha,I will finish my career with the Ducati project.

Frankly,Wosi,you will miss Stoner like a hole in the head next year and beyond whilst citing Laguna,Laguna,Laguna, 2008.

I guess Stoner was so immature and shell shocked by that race that he could not come back.

Laguna 2011,Laguna 2012. Get over it !

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

It's sods law that this chassis wil work, leaving dovi with a competitive bike

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

When Rossi made his intensions clear that he was leaving Yamaha and moving to Ducati, Yamaha froze him out of any further testing and receiving of new parts, and rightly so... So why are Ducati still beholding to the opinions of a guy who has given the factories future a resounding no confidence vote by quitting at the end of the year. If he's not prepared to push when still solely a Ducati rider, how hard will he push with a Yamaha contract in his back pocket?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Yes Wosi, a real shame Laguna 1953 got into his head and he never... ever won a race let alone a championship again.

Did I get that right Wosi?

Meanwhile the rider who usurped him that day continues on piling up the victories on his way to another mind numbing result this year... of 7th! What a legend!

Fuck! I think I must have tapped into your bizarro ISP link Wosi! Maybe that might explain things?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Blimey..

..old wosi compliments Casey on his riding talent, agrees it wasn't all his fault at Ducati but points out that sheer riding ability is only part of the equation at this level mentioning Laguna and, half bricks wrapped in orange panties are hurled at him?

Maybe he's got it wrong..rather than Stoner, it's the #27ers who that classic 2008 battle has twitching involuntarily. Haha..kinda proves a point?

Mark..it's an admission by Ducati they have failed Rossi. He is still held in high regard and Preziosi knows Valentino's opinions on the bike make sense. Who can blame them for making the most of him while he's still there? 

If these parts had arrived 3 months ago, as promised, Rossi might have considered staying.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Wosi....

..to blame the entire debacle of the last 18 months purely on "Ducati failing Rossi" is pretty absurd. Whilst I don't hold Ducati entirely blameless, much of the mis-direction and poor feedback given to the engineers, on a machine that by his own admission, he cannot ride, must surely rest at Rossi's door. 

There is no guarantee that these new parts will make any difference. We have seen before how 'much improved' parts deemed a success in testing, have been nothing of the sort once back in the heat of battle where it really counts.

Nothing obvious has been achieved by the Ducati/Rossi partnership over the last 18 months, and I fail to see how it can possibly be any different for the rest of the season

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

oh yes that classic battle of 2008

.....yes 2 great riders going wheel to wheel....one on a yamaha and one.......omg and one on a DUCATI.........can anyone  just remind of the race where stoner is on the honda battling wheel to wheel with rossi on the ducati for the lead......it seems to have slipped my mind

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Most understand that..

..the mis-direction and poor feedback given to the engineers, started way before Rossi got there.

Ducati have been snookered with the GP12 because it is a compromise..a frame built to house the desmo engine which is so important to company identity, everything else has to fit around it negating real progress. They are reluctant for a ground up re-design because, it is a Ducati..!

Btw..I think you'll find Rossi was as fast if not faster than Stoner in terms of race and lap times for the first ten rounds 2011..not bad for someone who can't ride the bike eh? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices