Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

Valentino Rossi is likely to race a new chassis when the MotoGP world championship resumes at his home race in Misano next month.The Italian spent a two-day test at the Misano track this week evaluating a new chassis and swingarm, which is the biggest single update on the Desmosedici since winter testing back in February and March.Rossi and crew chief...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 August 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi Faster?

You're STILL peddling that lie Wosi. Tut tut...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

In the last 20 years there have only really been 2 factories who have dominated 500GP/Motogp that's Honda and Yamaha,  the others have always been half a step behind in terms of development. Suzuki won 2 WC's Ducati 1 and Kawaski none since 1990. All the rest haved been shared by Honda and Yamaha.    Suzuki and Kawasaki quit because they coudln't get their bikes on the pace.  In the first year of the 800's Ducati produced a rocket ship on which Stoner won his and their first WC, who can not remember the first race in Qatar in 2007 when the Ducati went past the Yamaha on the main straight like it was standing still.  Subsequently Honda and Yamaha improved and Ducati apparently stood still.  As Wosi says the Desmosedici lump is Ducati's trade mark and to abandon this in favour of a conventional bike is not an option, they have to make the Desmo work in order to maintain their credibility. The cold fact is that the Rossi/Ducati partnership for whatever reason has not worked but Ducati have to keep trying,  MotoGp needs them the fans need them as well as the return of Suzuki and Kawasaki.I Hope it all happens

Reply to this Topic
ExFlyer

Oct 03

ExFlyer says:

"...who can not remember the first race in Qatar in 2007 when the Ducati went past the Yamaha on the main straight like it was standing still."

This turned out to be, in part, a result of Ducati's creative interpretation of the fuel limit rule. The bike left the grid with 1 litre of extra fuel compared to the others.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

ExFlyer

Thanks for that. Any other thoughts on the Ducati demise ?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

btw

you`ll probably find alot of them are as it was the switch from 800 to 1000

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

why does motogp need ducati???

it did perfectly well before it arrived!!!!......they will not follow the japanese and therefore will never win the motogp crown again...they are totally lost and always have been if u ask me...capirossi had a decent run on the 990 in 2006....casey won in 2007...but had to push 110% to get wins and not else has done anything on it and dovi deffo ain`t gonna do it...he likes it all icy smooth....the bike,the philosophy,everything is shit

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tissot don't lie..

Compare Rossi's 2011 race and lap times with this table..

I'll concede that conditions are unlikely to be identical, Assen was damp 2011 for example, but the favourite old chestnut of tyres improving is bollox. Stoner himself has said as much..so it must be gospel. haha..

Look at Rossi's 2011 times on the left and compare them to the winner in 2010 and Stoner, when he wasn't crashing his brains out over riding the GP10.

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/201109104808/Sulla-Ducati-meglio-Stoner-di-Rossi.html

More often than not..Rossi was faster than Stoner on an 800 Ducati..Hard to bear I know, but facts is facts.

Nostro contends that Stoner was as fast on the GP10 as he was on the 2011 RCV ffs..?

Talk about orange blinkers.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ageed

BB money was a major contributor to Suzuki and Kawasaki's departure.

Simon MotoGp doesn't need Ducati in particular but in part along with the other factories to make the racing more of a spectacle and less boring than now,

Benny at least its got things back on track (no pun intended) come on smile you old dog - you know you want to.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nostro contends

because Nostro is right. Yes Tissot doesn't lie (I proudly have one adorning my wrist) especially when all the information is taken on board. Unlike Wosi who just cherry picks the odd bits that make Rossi appear faster than Stoner due to a variety of favourably external circumstances (ie, temps, track conditions / resealing, assymetric tyres 2011, not 2010). In like on like conditions GP11 Rossi was slower than Stoner was on the GP10 by a wide margin, which really kind of explains the run of sevenths doesn't it? And again in total elapsed race times like on like, Stoner was generally but a handful of seconds or less quicker on the RCV than the GP10.

Who's the pork pie teller here again Wosi? Ain't me my yellow bile dribbler. This must be about the seventh time I've had to shoot you down with this nonsense of yours.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Horseshit Saturn

Always to same bullshit from you Oompa Loompa's about 2007. Quote Qatar and the admittedly large speed disparity and somehow by implication extrapolate that over the entirety of the season. Fools. The speed gap was slashed within three races. The Ducati's handling deficit remained.

Nowt so blind, deaf and dumb as a 46'er.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices