Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi likely to race new chassis in Misano

Valentino Rossi is likely to race a new chassis when the MotoGP world championship resumes at his home race in Misano next month.The Italian spent a two-day test at the Misano track this week evaluating a new chassis and swingarm, which is the biggest single update on the Desmosedici since winter testing back in February and March.Rossi and crew chief...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 August 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Buletboy

True think the tyres have a lot to do with i,t but it just dosent quite cut it anymore even in WSBK its been tuned to the best it can be engine wise dont see how they will bridge the gap on the jap bikes personly

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Buletboy,

Good point about tyres I'd also point out that Ducati just can't keep pace with Honda on the investment side, Ducati struggled to get new electronics sorted for Laguna whilst Honda brought an entirely new bike. Both updates to fix long standing problems the main difference being Honda seem to have solved their problem in a much shorter time frame and will now be looking at the next update package for whatever problem most ailes them now (Can't be that much given recent results).

Meanwhile Ducati are still working on the same problem, unless they get very lucky or a major overhaul of the rules occurs it looks like they'll move backwards unless Audi back them in the same way HRC is.

Cos 69

I'd reserve jugdement on the pangale until the rider line up is finalised and testing back to back with the Japs in pre-season. Honestly I think they're going to struggle but wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Is this another frame that they've built round the old engine designed as a stress member?? Are ducati even playing the same game as the japanese?? Probably not.. Ducati want to play with the big boys and will have to learn sooner or later. JB's comments on how they work made them look like BSA back in the day.... What Presiozi actually means is that he can only build a frame over several months if he continues to do things the way they always have... Still getting more press than they deserve..

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I wonder if this will finally be the actual frame VR and JB have wanted all along to move the engine position and weight distribution. Could be interesting. Too little too late though for Vale I reckon but could be a good step towards next year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices