Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has started his recovery after undergoing successful surgery on the right ankle he seriously injured in a high speed qualifying crash in Indianapolis 12 days ago.Stoner underwent surgery at Sydney’s North Shore Private Hospital and he is already commencing his rehabilitation at home.A statement issued by HRC this morning made no mention of a possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 August 2012 11:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hats off to Casey for a heroic ride at Indy never seen it before its what a true world champion is made of.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Casey - Maximum Respect

Casey - One hell of a rider,that sums him up.To do what he did the guy must be hard as nails,all the people who post crap about him being soft or not having any balls etc want to do 1.It makes me mad when they show riders like Casey such little respect & so much contempt.

As for Casey retiring,can any body really blame him especially after this.It cannot be nice for his wife to see her husband go through this & know that he could end up dead on the race track 1 day like Marco.Casey has made the right descion for HIM & his FAMILY,no question about it.

I hope he will be fit to race at Philipisland because it will be the last time we will ever get to see Casey in action on home soil & it is always a pleasure to watch him race on this track.

Get well soon Casey,maximum respect for a legendary rider.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

respect

any race fan can respect him taking the time to heal up and come back fighting and im sure he will as he has in the past, maybe while he is healing he can show rossi how to set up his bike a bit better,just a thought lol. get well soon casey.

Reply to this Topic
ruta40ar

Sep 10

ruta40ar says:

hero

Casey fue un heroe haciendo lo que hizo! Parece que estas proezas venciendo el dolor son propias de los Australianos ya que hace años Mick Doohan hizo lo mismo en 1992 tratando conseguir su primer titulo, que perdio a manos de Rainey por pocos puntos.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Enjoy your time off with the fam.  Look forward to watching the Philip Island round when you are (hopefully) fit & healthy.  Indy was a hero ride pal, keep that chin (& leg) up!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Expect him back sooner

Ligaments are a funny old bitch. They are much more painstaking an issue than fractured bones. Unfinished business with Aragon 4 weeks away. I hope he makes it for that round. A triple Aragon record may spur the recovery. Realistically,he will hang it out for the Motegi round and home of Honda.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Hardly a hero but a hard bastard all the same!

He must have been in clip at Indy and to finish third was a sterling effort. Hopefully Casey will be back soon to limp onto his bike and show the paddock how to twist an aluminium chassis into all sorts of shapes as he powers round the track! What a guy, a real racer through and through. He'll be missed next year by all true bike racing fans.......

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

I agree with you there.....

Regarding the guys Paralympics being touch nuts. It is truly humbling watching those guys training and competing but this is a MotoGP forum. Channel 4 have one for your choice of comeback! Secondly, this thread isn't about Crutchlow!

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Wish him well

I'd like to wish him well with his recovery and hopefully see him back at his home round Phillip Island for his last time. The ride he did an Indy was truely amazing and just proves he's more than a winner. Good luck Casey!

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Come on Rev....

Let's not get all bitter about Cal. I am happy for him as I am about all the guys at the top of their game. Every single one of those guys on the grid are at the very pinnacle of their sport and if I got to within an inch of being at the very top of my profession then I would be chuffed to bits, but I am, as are the majority of us poor people on this planet, an ordinary bloke and happy for all those who do well in life.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle