Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner begins recovery after successful ankle surgery

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has started his recovery after undergoing successful surgery on the right ankle he seriously injured in a high speed qualifying crash in Indianapolis 12 days ago.Stoner underwent surgery at Sydney’s North Shore Private Hospital and he is already commencing his rehabilitation at home.A statement issued by HRC this morning made no mention of a possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 August 2012 11:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

brake pads?

back to the bikes er boys, what brake pads would you advise for an ultimate track day with cal crutchlow and scott redding via bennets insurance, as i seem to have won a place out of 100, and what tyres should i use?? i currently have pilots fornt and rear,(soft compound), im asking as everyone on here seems to know a lot about motorcycle racing so im hoping someone has rode a track this year to help!!! 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

benny

cheers for that bud,had a great track session wedensday with suzuki via cadwell park, got tips form camier,met guy martin and seeley and cummins,brookes was about too, so winning the comp just topped my cake off lol, ah my bikes set up fine for the pace i ride at i was just breaking the ice with you guys and having a giggle. looking forward to wsbk this weekend tho, biaggi is angry now !!!

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

OW01

Can I call you FZR 750RR instead? It's a bit easier to type. As you'll very well know pads/tyres are as individualistic as sexual fetishes, for the record mine are Koala bears and lesbian dwarfs.

Tyres: I've been a Pirelli man since '94, original Dragons through to Diablo in various guises, I even bought some SC0's once ;) the old Victory handles peachy on snot sticky boots and one has enough left for a spanking ride home back to hell. Shame the old girl's undercarriage gets a pasting when I'm feeling frisky but like most things in life it's a trade off.

Pads: I always, always just use good sintered pads, tried 'em all and tbh the difference is as boring to explain as it is indifferent. Make sure you bleed the old girl to save embarrasing air expulsion and a bit of sponge when you need to grab her by the horns. Likewise it's worth getting your lazy arse off internet forums and getting a well wielded toothbrush into her dusty pistons to ensure full power. Beware the glazed discs through over exuberance of WD40 usage, if I had a pound for every time I've done it I'd have £6.50.

Glad to be of assistance brother, love you xxx

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

well fogno

is what most ppl put, but cheer for the adivce, iv been a bike mechanic for years now so no worrys about wd on the dics as im used to prep and ride new bikes for new owners ect ect, just asking what most use as it always helps eh, iv got some pilots on now but my buddy who does racing has so pirelli rubber from practice so think iv got them for the day, me pads should be right, brake bled up ok, they worked fine a cadwell week just gone.safe biking dude. the forum is just a phone and on the move thingy,as im sure it is yours !!

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

trackdaysetup

done silverstonegp last friday, used dp brake pads hh fast bed in consistant and great bite, used dot 5.1 brake fluid too. tyres i used michelin power ones 190psi absolutely brilliant could not fault them, good luck and have fun.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

190psi?

What are you running brother? Earth mover tyres? Space shuttle wheels? Do your tyres actually touch the track or do you float like a butterfly around it?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It was a Victorian Track Day..

...they used to run those bad boys hard...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Congratulations

To James Toseland and Katie Melua who were married yesterday. All the very best to you both.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

saturn I thought better of you

This thread is about a talented "retiring" moto gp rider tut tut.However he has done the right thing and you can't blame him for that

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stig

Thought I'd get something pleasant in as I see the Bloodsucking Vampires are about on the other thread. Got Benny hook line and sinker    he's blocked me from sending PM's  cluck cluck cluck !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices