You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Need new tyres! VFR800FI-1

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

XsjadoX

Aug 12

XsjadoX says:

Need new tyres! VFR800FI-1

This is my 5th year of riding.. Started out on a YBR125 for 3 years (fell off a hell of a load). moved on to a FZS600 Fazer after that, amazing bike. I have recently moved onto the bike mentioned in the subject after a RTA which I'm happy to say wasn't my fault. So far I'm happy with it. If I was being really picky I'd say it takes a long while to warm up in the morning. I ride all year round, and have noticed that in the more recent few weeks the trye's aren't very grippy in the wet. Initially I put this down to the extra wait and power, but I've spoken to a few people and they're leaning more toward the tyre's. I'm currently riding on BT021's which I thought were supposed to be good in the wet. I was riding on BT023's with the Fazer which I thought were amzing in the wet. Any suggestions on a replacement? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 August 2012 21:56)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

VFR800 tyres

I am currently running 023's on both my VFR800 and FZS1000 and find them to be really good.  The one's on the VFR have done around 5,000 miles and are just begining to show signs of squaring off although they still ride OK. 

Pilot Road 3's also get a lot of positive feedback from the guys on this site so I might try them next just for change. 

Your 021's should be fine. I run them on a Fireblade with no issues.  Assuming that the tread is OK it might be worth checking the pressures.      

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Others in the running

Dunlop RoadSmart - ran rings around most others when introduced, and I've been very happy with them since (which isn't to say I don't accidentally spin them up from time to time).  Some folk don't get on with the profile of the PR3 and prefer the PR2 - I can't say as it's not an approved fit for my bike.  The new Metzeler Roadtec Z8 has been turning heads with it's cold/wet performance, so I fancy trying some soon, if approved:

Reply to this Topic
XsjadoX

Aug 12

XsjadoX says:

Metzlers

I've heard good things about the Metzeler roadtec's, they're a tyre I'm definitely going to consider. I was thinking of just sticking with what I know and getting the BT023's but where's the fun in that?:biggrin:

Thank's for all your help guys.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices