Skip to content

Discuss This Joan Lascorz speaks about Imola crash and injury World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Joan Lascorz speaks about Imola crash and injury

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Joan Lascorz speaks about Imola crash and injury

Following the accident at Imola during official testing in the Superbike World Championship last April 2 we would like to communicate the following about the condition of Joan Lascorz.  Joan remains hospitalised at the Institute Guttmann in Spain, immersed in a process of recovery and adaptation to his new life. It is expected that by the middle of September Joan will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 August 2012 13:50)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Very hard

For a young professional to comprehend that not only has he lost his career but also his ability to walk. Being in the army i realise my risks of losing limbs whilst away on operations and could accept that but being completetly paralysed would destroy me. Hopefully his dark days are behind him all my very best for the future to not only lascorz but to his family aswell.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Although I like the Imola circuit, there is bugger all run-off. I believe the new bikes and cars have outgrown many of these old tracks, and it's time to dump them.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Dump imola

Racers should never hit walls.. Period.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

There is no excuse whatsoever of there being an unprotected wall at a racing circuit no matter what the history or pedigree of the track. It always amuses me how much the Formula One cissies go on about dangerous tracks with limited run off yet none of 'em say a peep about Monaco with zero run off, too frightened to upset the big money.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Much respect Joan, atleast you took the chance on something you love doing.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

WHY?

Just why does there happen to be an unprotected wall in the rider run-off area? Have these lessons still not been learned and why not? This young man does not need to be paralysed ar all. His future must now be assured financially as his ability to generate a living has now been curtailed and through the fault of others.

Reply to this Topic
ruta40ar

Sep 10

ruta40ar says:

fuerza

Fuerza Joan! estamos con vos!!

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Agree

with all the comments regarding hitting walls. If the tracks and run off areas are not going to be changed/scrapped, could they look to implement a version of what the speeday boys use.....inflatable walls to cushion the blow.

Obviously the speeds are much higher, but they could size the inflatable wall accordingly. Wouldn't have to be at every corner, just the ones where the run-off area is compromised.

Just a thought. Anyway, all the very best for the future Joan.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices