Skip to content

Discuss This Warning over new £50 ‘super MoT’ for bikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Warning over new £50 ‘super MoT’ for bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Warning over new £50 ‘super MoT’ for bikes

Bike MoT costs could rise to £50 under EU proposals, according to the Motorcycle Action Group. The current £29 test is set to be replaced with a more rigorous ‘super MoT’ if plans go ahead, the group says. A MAG spokesman said: ‘The proposed inspections go far beyond the current requirements for a bike MoT.  Riders and MoT stations would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 August 2012 16:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

M.O.T's

Not another scary story from the EU. This was allp art of the last raft of legislation about a year or so ago.

Last time i read any of it they were dropping plans for an EU style MOT?

When is this Government goung to pull the plug on the F**king idiots who run the EU, They are forever promising to replace  powers taken from us by the EU but as usual no action.

Next election, i want everyone in Britan not to vote for anyone, maybe thats the only way we can make these tossers see our point of view.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Eh?

How'd they work that out?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Nope, none of this crap has been dropped

It just blunders on regardless of usefulness or common sense.  BMW bought anti-tamper, mandatory ABS and nanny chips, we're still getting that despite some back-pedalling.  Kraut TUV vehicle testers have bought this directive, and we're going to get it.   The 3rd Directive licensing laws don't even kick in until next January and Brussels is already dicking around with the test vehicle requirements.

It's an exercise in frog boiling, sausage slicing and ball clamping.  We'll get used to chewing on each piece of shit as it's shovelled into our mouths, just in time for the next load to come along, and by the time we realise that biking has been choked to death it'll be too late to spit it out.

Brussels won't be satisfied until biking is dead and buried beyond little eco scooters to take local worker units to local production pods.  They hate it, they despise it with the burning jealous passion that all miserable grey skinned soulless zombies feel for the living.

Never mind a protest ride, the only thing that could stop these ravening ghouls from sucking all the enjoyment out of life would be hammering a steak into their cold unbeating joyless Milquetoast hearts.  A juicy, dripping-with-cholesterol non-EU-approved British steak.  And big fat lardy chips.

Reply to this Topic
bboydoy

Jul 09

bboydoy says:

EU Clockstuckers

And I'm Greek. Been in UK for 16 years and all the rubbish keeps flying this way its stupid. Seems like mainland posh prats want bikes either banned altogether or practically impossible to keep/enjoy. Next thing we are riding bubble-wrapped tricycles with an observer watching us... Totally agree with Homer40. Pull the plug on the them and finish with this garbage please.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Homer40 says

Next election, i want everyone in Britan not to vote for anyone, maybe thats the only way we can make these tossers see our point of view.

Thats really not how it works.......

We live in a Communist Society hidden under a massive banner of Freedom and Democracy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I don't pay for Insurance or get an MOT, it's all pointless. For instance they make you pay like 500 quid upfront on insurance making it pointless on the bikes I can afford so I get nothing out of it. I don't see the point of MOTs either they judge if your bike is safe enough... I've had bikes fail on the smallest things that don't have any impact on this. Been riding since 2009 without any of this and never been caught... Just the fucking dumb government trying to scam all of us.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

JustBe,

Driving without insurance = dick-head.

Bragging about it on a public forum =...?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

EU

im sure this isn't what the EU was set up for, I dont understand why they are bringing all these ridiculous laws into our country, it's like some sort of new world order. Would love to not be in the EU the disadvantages seem to greatly out weight the advantages

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I thought WE made laws about OUR nation. Its about the EU got told to feck off and stay out of our home affairs. 

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Super MOT

I think most of us check our bikes more thoroughly and more regularly than almost all car drivers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices