Skip to content

General What should i do? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What should i do?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

What should i do?

Hey everyone 

I'm having a lot of problems with my Pulse Adrenaline 125, i am not sure where to go with this, so i would appreciate your opinions. 

As you may know, the Pulse Adrenaline is chinese, and chinese products aren't known to be of great 'quality', which i did take into account before getting the bike. The bike is a year and 3 months old, i have had it for 2 months now.

There are many problems i keep having, some i have fixed, yet the problems are recurring. it has got to the point where i will have to replace the parts causing me problems, but being chinese made parts, i could be going in circles, the parts aren't that cheap to buy either. 

Problems :

Gear changer is very stiff, particularly when trying to get into neutral, also 2nd into 3rd is incredibly stiff. 
Chain is worn out, normal.
Clutch screeches when pulling away and slipping the clutch in slow moving traffic. This is getting worse and worse all the time
Rear brake caliper pin is badly made and gets seized up causing it to get stuck causing the brake to bind, it has been cleaned out, and seems a lot better, but still gets stuck every now and then, i need a new back brake.
Needs new brake pads, normal.
Front brake/disc squeaks a lot, but works ok.
Throttle is becoming more and more jerky no matter how smooth you are with it, could need a new cable.

Being only a year old, i expect the problems will return after another year, then will need to be replaced again. I want to maintain it's value as much as possible.

My options are, get new parts, ride it till January to get more experience, then do my test, sell it and get a proper bike.

Or, get new parts and sell it for another 125, and continue to get my roadcraft on the new 125.

I have a deadline for doing my test, and that's January 19th 2013. So i have till then to get experience on the road. 

What do you reckon guys?

Hope you can help me out here. 

Thanks 

Scott

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 September 2012 15:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Option 3

Abandon it, and buy a decent 125.  One that is safe, and works as it is meant to.

If you are lucky, you will be able to sell it for £50, which will give you a couple of tanks of fuel :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

Thanks

I bought it for a grand only two months ago, it is still worth that, just as long as i get it working well again. 

Would go for a 125 duke but too expensive considering i am not going to be riding a 125 for very long anyway.

Thanks mate.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i would got for a honda cg or the like.  as they are small very easy to ride and hold they money.

but keep away from any thing 2stroke.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

option

All good advice posted.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

You

would have been better off spending your hard earned on something like this?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/detail/Honda/CG125/2007/_/R-NXGN-7581330

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I'd sell it as fast as you can

You won't get your money back, even if it was running properly. Better spend what you have on paying a training school to get you through the test as soon as possible. I think it would be cheaper to cut your losses and move on.

Reply to this Topic
Istate75

May 09

Istate75 says:

Options

As per the good advice above, get it on ebay pronto while the weather is still OK and either pick up an older japanese 4 stroke 125 or put the money into a training course with bike hire thrown in.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Chinese bike

It is unfortunate that you are having problems with your bike.  But, as you said, you took the build quality into consideration when your bought it and probably took the fact that you would take a hit on it if you sold it into account too.

Cut your losses and walk away.  Pouring any more money into the bike is futile.  You won't make it reliable and you won't get into a situation where you can get your money back.      

You want a Honda or Yamaha 125 as sugggested by others.  It will be relaible, cost you next to nothing to run and you'll get a good return on it when you want to move onto something bigger.   

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Naivety of youth

"I bought it for a grand only two months ago, it is still worth that"     No it isn't.

It is worth a fraction of that, IF you are able to sell it on. 

In your own words, you can't get the parts to fix it, those that you can get are expensive.  There is a lot that is already wrong with it and it is not going to get any better.  It is only 1 year old now - yet it isn't really roadworthy.  Thank goodness you don't need to get it through an MOT.

Don't waste your money trying to fix it.  Get rid of it asap.

Reply to this Topic
scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

Cool

Ok, thanks for your input guys. 

The bike ran pretty well going to and from work today, typical considering it was running like crap over the weekend. 

Having a rethink about it, although when I do sell it, I don't want to lose too much money on it, so I'll have to get it running perfectly before selling it on. 

I just need to replace a bunch of things, Brake pads, chain etc and it'll be fine. 

Cheers guys 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices