Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale recall 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale recall

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale recall

Ducati UK has issued a recall for its 2012 1199 Panigale. The notice, which will affect 618 units, states three different problems with the machine. Ducati will be contacting the owners affected by the recall by letter and remedying the problem free of charge at authorised dealerships. The recalls are for: The exhaust butterfly valve Bowden cable cover could melt or burn...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 September 2012 10:14)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

Dursprung vorch "glad we bought Ducati". That should please the management at Audi no end.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Oh, pfft, a recall for THAT?

Surely tankslappers just add character.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

It's a ducati, im surprised they dont just say it adds to the character bla bla bla

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hard times in the UK?

Is that 618 bikes sold or 618 bikes imported including those still in stock ? because that seems to be a lot of high priced bikes sold in 8 months.

Reply to this Topic
lee696

Sep 12

lee696 says:

Recall

Surely better to fix under a recall than have bikes breakdown. Most motor manufacturers issue recalls these days. Did you see how many Toyota did last year and no one thinks their cars are unreliable. I'm sure Audi did their due diligence before parting with millions and Ducati despite its perceived unreliable image is still one of the strongest brands in the world.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

No surprise to me!

I have a friend who bought a brand new Monster 1100 a few months ago and was well pleased with it. Saw him again the other day and now he is selling it. Apparently whilst riding at around 30mph (and upright fortunately!) the bike just locked up on him and he skidded to a halt. It went back to the dealers who stripped it and couldn't find anything wrong with it, so now he has no confidence in it and wants shut as soon as possible. I don't know anyone who has had a Ducati and not had trouble with it at some time or other.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Looks like..............

..................not enough R & D to me.

How can an item melt during normal usage it it's been field tested properly?

Reply to this Topic
Jconway651

Aug 11

Jconway651 says:

Its a brand new model, re-designed from the ground up.. Theres gunna be issue's. They've created one of the most advanced v-twins ever combined with an electronics package that makes the rest of the litre jap machines look outdated.3 recalls isnt horrific considering it basically consists of replacing/re routing a bowden cable then installing new steering damper with plenty of loctite. Compare this to BMW's cock up with the connecting rods becoming loose in their S1000RR. I know which bike id rather be on when there particular fault materialised. Ducati's come a long way and often the people most critical of then have never owned one... i clocked up 8,000 trouble free miles on a monster 696 in under a year without any incident, only changed bikes in search for more power.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Recall

It's a brand new model, and the recall is mainly for a  safety point of view rather than a major mechanical failing. The Italian manufacturers still have an image problem re reliability which is unfair these days.( No I don't own a Ducati (but may do) I have an Aprilia which has been totally reliable in the 6 years and 60,000 miles I've done on it.

Talking to a dealer recently about reliability of bikes, he stated that newer BMW's have been the most troublesome (many components sourced from China) of all the makes they deal with.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

REcall

Even my VFR800 had a recall. It's nothing new to VW Audi anyway http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/06/vw-and-audi-recall-nearly-170-000-tdi-diesel-models/

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle