Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph unveil new Explorer XC TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1200 EXPLORER > Triumph unveil new Explorer XC

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Triumph unveil new Explorer XC

This is Triumph’s new XC version of its Explorer 1200 – the surprise unveiling and one of the highlights of the weekend’s Triumph Live at Mallory Park. Built as a more, rugged, off-road orientated version of the Explorer (in a similar way to its smaller Tiger 800 and Tiger 800 XC double act) and undoubtedly aimed squarely at BMW’s R1200GS Adventure,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 September 2012 11:26)

Post a message in TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
black2sugars

May 09

black2sugars says:

Off Road

Why do people criticise this bike for not having great off road ability? Is it beacuse it does everything else so well and the moaning-minnie brigade have to find something to be negative about? If you are wanting a serious off road machine neither this, the Multistrada nor the GS will be on your list of bikes to buy. Dwell on its strengths and don't harp on about weaknesses which it was never intended for.

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Why do people criticise this bike for not having great off road ability?

Because it's sold as an adventure bike with off road ability. Otherwise what are the wire wheels, hand guards, crash bars, and bash plate all about? The KTM Adventure is a big bike with real off-road ability, which is an extremely important consideration when choosing a real adventure bike. Unfortunately the rest are just two wheel Chelsea tractors, but I do agree it does seem to be a good bike in many other ways...

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

piglet

I agree the 800 is a much better bike than this barge,triumph should be working on a 200kg 1200 cc sprint st with usd forks and good looks lightweight wheels etc and stop this obsession with massive barges.also a half faired speed triple would be good.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Not for me..

But looks better than a GS!

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Not for me..

But looks better than a GS!

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Ooops

Only meant to post that once!

Reply to this Topic
andrewbristow092102

May 09

Delicate nose

I picked up my XC 6 weeks ago. I bought it as a tourer/wife taxi as I have a zx10 for fun stuff. I love the XC but after taking a tumble on tram lines placed on a round about in Santander port in torrential rain last week I have come to realize what a very delicate front end the bike has. I hit the deck at no more than 15mph & the front fender/clocks etc are anchored to the frame via a cast bracket. In my crash the bracket broke rendering the bike un-ride able as the front end hung down against the forks & impaired steering. Every other aspect of the bike is great (as a tourer) & is very maneuverable on the go. My mates commented how they where surprised on how it could be maneuvered round the mountain bends. On this point alone I would recommend anyone considering any element of off roading to look else where

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices