Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LeeSap82

Sep 12

LeeSap82 says:

Budget Chinese Bikes

Specically the 125 models.

Alot of these are coming up within budget. Obviously Id rather a Honda or KTM etc but they are not in this bikes budget. 
So there seem to be many budget brands like Shineray, Reij something, RMR, Lifan, Sinnis.

But, are they any good? 
How do the hold up against their better branded rivals?
Known problems?
Are parts and repairs a problem?
Can you swap parts for better branded parts easily?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 September 2012 15:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Chinese bikes

Generally speaking they are pretty poor.  Expect both build quality and reliability to be an issue.  Residual values poor for the same reasons.  See the following threads;

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=432794&message-id=4674217&__ia=message4674217#message4674217

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=119734

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Buy one

only if you can afford to throw away the money after 12 months.

They are perfectly ok, if you plan to use it for a short time.  eg, to pass your test, before moving on to a bigger bike.

Second hand, they are worth nothing.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

you

get what you pay for.....

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Mate of mine

just got one of these - Keeway from DK.

So far so good  -  2 months riding.......we'll see how it is after the winter....:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
tetley74

Jul 12

tetley74 says:

ive had one

i had a lexmoto vixen ht125 for 12mths before i passed my das test, cheap as chips to run 95-100mpg not very quick by 125 standards handled ok too,gear boxes are a bit well very stiff & hard to find neutral at times, but never let me down even thru winter finish started to go but heh it did its job just dont expect to much just a good commuter nothing more nothing less paid £900 brand new on road & got £695 back px against my suzi rf600 not bad.:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Buy cheap pay twice

A 5 year old Japanese bike with a bit of servicing history is best

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

See

The thread 'what should I do...?' avoid the Chinese bikes ....there's a reason they are cheap....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Avoid them

there are some decent ones, but they tend to be a bit of a lottery - you might get a good 'un, but you've got an equal chance of buying a dog.

What budget are you looking at?

An older Honda CG125, or Yamaha YBR can be bought for peanuts, will run reliably, and have parts and service availability - things that you don't always get with the Chinese bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I suspect

reliability will also have a lot to do with who's imported it and who's built it when it got to the UK.

Article the other week on about how they are not marketed by the actual manufacturer in the way Jap / USA / European bikes are but take on the identity of the importer. (a bit like the Nissan / Datsun thing in the 70's)

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

ZONTES

If you want a decent Chinese Motorcycle look at the 3 models in the Zontes range . They are nice designs , beautifully finished and very reasonably priced . They are handled by the Baotian Scooter Importer in Kent who is well established . A Twist and Go and Chinese Forum Member has two of them and he is very pleased with them .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices