Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

British World Superbike star Jonathan Rea will ride Casey Stoner's factory Honda at the Misano and Aragon MotoGPs in the next few weeks while the Aussie recovers from surgery. So how excited should we be? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
barks12

Sep 12

barks12 says:

Why the excitement?

Don't understand the hype being generated behind Rea on Casey's bike. Spies came to Motogp as a stand in with a much more successful career behind him and didn't achieve anything spectacular, although if my memory serves me right i think he came to stand in on a Suzuki? Regardless, Casey hasn't managed anything truly amazing on the bike so far this year (compared to 2011) so why would Rea?

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

top revs

I thinks he's gonna have sexual intercourse on it. I would

Reply to this Topic
leo19

Oct 05

leo19 says:

Wot ya gonna do?

Dont think JR will do much at all. maybe circulate a bit but doubt he will be in top 5 or 6. he's not had enough practice on it. one of the MCN articles said he was 3 seconds behind Crutchlow at the end of a 60-odd lap test. in motoGP 3 seconds is a hell of a difference! - Sadly Rea will either cause a big-ass crash and take out a load of people or he will retire half way through with Arm-pump

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Top 10?

I reckon he should mange a top ten. He's down on time now but he will have more time through practice and track knowledge for the confirmed races. Would love too see him right up there but can only see him beating CRT realistically but that would be a solid achievement for his first time out and hopefully kick on in the second race.

Reply to this Topic
kizzat

Dec 10

kizzat says:

Rea arm pump bull

Leo 19 rea will not suffer from arm pump like previous superboke riders rea being a very good Superbike rider is also a unbelievable motor cross rider I mean unbelievable. As for how he does doesn't really matter his fire blade is dated and he's pretty fast on that second race He will be top 5 guarantee as long as he doesn't crash

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Barks...

"Casey hasn't managed anything truly amazing on the bike so far this year (compared to 2011)"

4th with a broken ankle?... same number of wins as the championship leader for less race starts?... 2011 he won more races... so to be truly amazing compared to 2011 I'm guessing in your mind he'd have to win more races... well done, you're right... truly average. Dani on the other hand, on the same bike, is doing ok.

Reply to this Topic
ripper50

Sep 12

ripper50 says:

Wobble About

He will wobble about  ... prob just about beating the CRT crew... hopefully he wont take anybody out when he throwz the bike into the countryside

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

He'll struggle

He'll struggle I reckon. It's going to be hard enough understanding the bike and the tyres never mind having to do it during a race weekend. If he can finish above the CRT machines I think thats an acheivement in it self. Good luck Rea, take it steady and don't hurt yourself.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Bridgestone adapatation

That will be his biggest problem. Affirmative action and traction off the start line irrespective of grid slot may do well to liven up the title race. Practise those starts Johnny.

Really,over race distance,Rea will not be much of an issue viz a viz Stoner,but an electrifying start at Misano will be huge,maybe even for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

ripper50 & RevBenny

Firstly, ripper50 I don't agree with you about just beating the CRT bikes, I believe that Johnny can realistically run 5th to 10th place pace. I do however agree with you about the launching the bike into the countryside scenario coz that could be the thing that could hinder his chances of semi decent results.

Secondly, RevBenny you spoil this forum for sensible users who like to read and comment on the different items that are up for discussion with your aggressive behaviour towards everybody that uses this website

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices