Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

British World Superbike star Jonathan Rea will ride Casey Stoner's factory Honda at the Misano and Aragon MotoGPs in the next few weeks while the Aussie recovers from surgery. So how excited should we be? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The third choice is very pointless.

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

The boy done good

to be only 1.7 off JL fastest time, and only third time on the bike ain't to shabby, well done JR.

That's on par with Rossi's race pace.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Leecho you braindead 46 Oompa Loompa

Those prototype GP bikes are a damn sight closer in spec to each other than the disparate WSBK machines. Rawdawg is right, it's mistakes that make the difference. WSBK bikes are sloppier machines than their super rigid GP cousins. Longer braking distances with the steels are also a contributing factor here.

He hasn't been able to keep pace with the rider evolution in GP's has Rossi, but I reckon he'd be worth more than 7th in WSBK.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Evening Nostro

Did I detect a back-handed compliment to VR there ? There's no doubt he would be better than 7th in WSBK.   Strange thing tho'  there's never really been a successful WSBK rider who's gone to MotoGP and made it  but ex GP riders seem to cut it in WSB even tho' the WSB bikes must feel like riding camels to them.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Steady away?

Seems Jonny has been the model of consistency and cool so far. He's not even trying yet and is only a second off 10th alien Spies..who again is well over half a second behind his team mate Lorenzo. Enjoy the soft #2 while you can Jorge..

It wasn't that long ago that Stoner crashed his way through a debut season in 2006..hardly Mr.consistent was he? Didn't do him much harm did it?

When most of the GP races are dull processions and riders don't have to worry about locking bars, it's hardly surprising they can concentrate on precise lines and not making mistakes. WSB is far more competitive.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

sorry

nostro, did i say moaner not stoner, gp bikes are closer in spec my arse, get a grip you know rossi will be winning again next yr, it hurts that you will have to take your posters down off casey, coz he was loser, and injured himself trying to beat jlo and paedo.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

yes you're right there Leecho

I agree, Rossi will be winning next year. I've read he's brought himself a XR750 just so he'll have that wee performance edge he's so used to as his mates are given XR100's to eat his Tavullia dust.

They call him mellow yellow.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

I think he'll do something different from the norm, maybe he'll ride it playing the banjo and wearing flippers with a clown's head instead of a lid whilst simultaneously eating a spam and Marmite sandwich through a straw? I'd certainly pay to watch that.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Been very quiet..

..on this forum last few hours....just goes to show, take away the abuse, threats, intimidation and rantings of madmen, and there ain't much left really.........

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

LOL

Seems Jonny concluded the second day of testing by stating that "the tyres are still the main sticking point".....

..obviously nothing gets past our Jonny!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices