Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

British World Superbike star Jonathan Rea will ride Casey Stoner's factory Honda at the Misano and Aragon MotoGPs in the next few weeks while the Aussie recovers from surgery. So how excited should we be? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Strange move for Spies..

...He mentioned he would only stay in GP's if he were on the right package - the junior Ducati team, not on the surface of things fitting that bill. I can only imagine he's been given some kind of assurance that if his results are good, he might get a shot at Hayden's factory bike? Either that, or he's biding his time for Suzuki to show their face again in 2014. It does seem an odd career move for Ben though - I think his best bet would have been that BMW ride in Superbikes..

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

I imagine he'll put his helmet on first, then his gloves and embark on the motorcycle at the edge of the garage.  He'll then ride it out of the pits and adjust his suit.  Then change gear a lot.  And brake really hard.  He'll probably get his knee down because I've seen him do that.  Hopefully his lazy eye won't make him miss the apexes which he'll take like a surgeons knife.  I have no doubt he'll be as aggressive as a japenese hornet attacking the yellow jackets to steal their larvae when he sees Cal Crutchlow.  If he doesn't chuck it in the gravel and flick the bird at Bradl (hey, some of us just can't let go), then he'll bring it over the line in an impressive 7th place at Misano.  That's probably what will happen as you asked.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Early days..

..I know but, let's say Rea does real well over the next month on Casey's bike..where's he gonna go?

With the 4 prototype bike per manufacturer rule the only option is Gresini, yet rumour has Redding favourite? I don't think given a couple of good races from Jonny that is realistic.

HRC have made it clear they think highly. Gresini has had their help and top bikes in the past..surely the Irishman trumps the young Englishman..IF he does the business? Gresini will be last to announce their rider line up IMO, waiting to see.

Re Speez: The right package for Ben means of the large folding green variety.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Spies to the Corse Junior team is an interesting proposition

And probably a good move for him. Frankly right now in GP's he's nothing to lose. If the goal is hanging out for the Suzuki ride 2014 then a year on the Duke will keep his hand in GP's and with Bridgestones, whereas a season on the WSBK Beemer would have him Pirelli reprogrammed to the detriment of 2014.

If he fails on the Duke, he's got the Suzuki as a fall back option, if he's a sucess on it then his bargaining power increases; not to mention bye bye Nicky for the final time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

good luck Johnny. Enjoy your experience and don't crash the bike!

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

The more brits in motogp the better.

They should give him the bike for the rest of the season. Probably take him a couple of races to get his eye in. Top 10 is probably doable for him.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Jonathan Rea, as usual, will do his best, and that means, unfortunately, he'll override it, crash it and hopefully not injure himself. 

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

5th fastest

If MCN could get out of bed and report NEWS, they would know that yesterday 9-4-12, Jonathan was 6th fastest! Go to: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Sep/120904d.htm for real news!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

"What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?"

Hmmmmm - My guess is not a lot seeing as he and the bike will probably be in the gravel after a couple of laps.... I do hope i am wrong though!

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

fkn genius here

moaner,says rea wont do a lot because rea will be in the gravel trap a lot .  well he just might end up in it,   so whats casy doin these days,or whys rea standing in for stoner?  oh thats right because stoner crashed his bike, and this time he got a busted foot,grow up ffs,they are racers, they go fast and they crash sometimes,its what they do. simple answer to your question, hes on stoners honda , because stoner crashed the fkn thing

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices