Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

British World Superbike star Jonathan Rea will ride Casey Stoner's factory Honda at the Misano and Aragon MotoGPs in the next few weeks while the Aussie recovers from surgery. So how excited should we be? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

No more moaning!

Jonathan has a very busy time ahead standing in for the injured Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda for at least the next two MotoGP events while still fulfilling his full-time gig for the Honda World Superbike Team. Here's a look at his racing and testing schedule since last weekend for this ambitious world tour of double duty: Aug. 25-26: WSBK race at Moscow Aug. 27-28: MotoGP test at Brno Sept. 4-5: MotoGP test at Aragon Sept. 7-9: WSBK race at Nurburgring Sept. 14-16: MotoGP race at Misano Sept. 21-23: WSBK race at Portimao Sept. 28-30: MotoGP race at Aragon Anyone want to think he's not working!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

What the fuck are you wittering on about judge??

You slate me for "guessing" that Rea will be in the gravel but then you stupidly say the same thing yourself.. "well he just might end up in it"  so whats the difference and what the fuck you going on about??

"grow up"?? why? Coz i said i think Rea will bin it? What fuckin planet you on boy?

"simple answer to your question, hes on stoners honda , because stoner crashed the fkn thing" I didn't ask the fucking question, i was quoting the headline... and anyway, your so called "simple answer" actually answers fuck all, it has nothing to with the question what so ever, the only thing "simple" about your answer was the person fucking writing it!!

Fkn genius.... pah ha - Retard!!

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

hot dawg! over reaction there

slate you ? i dont think i did, watch the language son, theres no real need for it,or the insults,we can all cuss and insult folk on here, it aint classy ,or smart

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

wont change

JR is crap in supers and will be crap in gp, simple as!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rea

Johnny Rea has alway been a fast rider but has a bit of a Ruben Xaus style. Foggy always said if Ruben could tame his style and not crash so much he could be champion.  Hope Johnny can impress with the Honda and ride it fast without crashing.  By the way where is Ruben this year ?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Love me some Rea

and I've been screaming for a few years that he should get a shot at MotoGP. But honestly I've cooled on that thought. I don't doubt he has the speed to be a decent MotoGP rider. But frankly he's never shown the consistency to be a MotoGP rider and has shown a tendency to lose his head about himself on track. That won't cut it in MotoGP. Everyone says how WSBK is so exciting with all the passing, fairing bashing, and the like. But the reason it's so exciting is because all the riders make 5 or 6 mistakes a race. Donny is a prime example - cracker of a race but it was exciting because they were making mistakes EVERY lap. It was a sloppy race with ZERO precision. If any of the decent MotoGP riders were in that race they would have won by half a lap if not more. If you make ONE mistake in a MotoGP race you are dead in the water. Rea just flat out makes too many mistakes to even be consistent top 10 in MotoGP - and I'm a fan of his. Now, he can be like Cal and make a HUGE improvement because Crutchlow was mistake prone as well. But Johnny hasn't given me or anyone else reason to believe he can make change. And that's with just being consistent lap after lap - I haven't really even gone into detail of how he looses his head about himself and puts other riders in danger.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Please do go into detail Rawdawg

because I"m intrigued. Donny was ALL Melandri's fault, you could even say it was Haslam's fault for being so tentative on the brakes letting Melandri pull his silly stunt and running way deep past the apex because of it. Jonny ran the most normal line of all three of them. He was given a decent half gap and the chance for a win, chance taken - win deserved.

We don't really know just how good Rea can be as he's been flogging the poorest horse in the WSBK field for a few years and STILL getting wins and podiums.

Rea's every bit Crutchlow's equal (or more in my books) so I believe he would be a success if given a decent GP shot.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

rea

cuts the gap to 1.706s today, go jonny, rawdawg you do talk a load of shit, wsbk as some good ex gp riders there, the reason they bang fairings is the bikes are not so far apart like motogp, i think rea will be pushing cal if he gets a couple of rides on that bike, just hope moaner stays a home a bit longer.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Nostro

I was the one a few years ago screaming that Rea should have gotten a MotoGP before Crutchlow - so I'm with you that Rea's is every bit of Cal's equal. But you have to admit, Cal has come A LONG WAY in the last year and half.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

yeah leecho

The bikes aren't far about but if they made less mistakes they would win by a country mile. We've seen Biaggi and Checa win going away when they don't make the mistakes like others. At Donny you couldn't even count how many times the lead group missed apexes, out braked themselves, ran across the gravel, left the door open going into the same corner lap after lap, etc. Haslam should have won Donny going away but he missed the same apex lap after lap and left the door open at the same corner lap after lap - it was like a bad movie on repeat. Still the most impressive win I saw Rea have was when he was racing Spies in Germany in 2009 (without checking I think thats were it was). He had Spies up his tail pipe on the last lap of the race and I would have bet anything Spies was going to take him - he had been doing it to everyone all year. But not only did Johnny hold him off but also set his fastest lap of the race the last lap. It was jaw dropping. If he can put out performances like that week in and week out no doubt he'll be good in MotoGP. But I'm not sure he can. I'll be cheering for him as I've said I've always been a fan.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices