Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's Jonathan Rea going to do on Stoner's Honda?

British World Superbike star Jonathan Rea will ride Casey Stoner's factory Honda at the Misano and Aragon MotoGPs in the next few weeks while the Aussie recovers from surgery. So how excited should we be? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fanofthesport

Mar 10

typical

Rea is outstanding. But let's not put more pressure on him than he will already have. He is at a huge disadvantage coming in at this stage, but that is not what this is all about. This is merely his reward for years of tenacious effort for Honda. IF he must have a goal set before him, let it be to finish ahead of the CRT's. With RDP on form and his teammate not far off, beating them would be something all your Britons could take some pride in. This American will certainly be cheering him on.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

if he stays on his bike, and finishes the race, he's sure to place well. What's crucial for the chap is NOT CRASHING. If he keeps rubber side down, doors may open for him in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Top 10

I don't think that JR will have any problems getting into the top 10 and this is just rewards for being loyal to Honda for God knows how many years and they (HRC) know it, especially after he helped them win the Suzuka 8hrs earlier this year. So, IMHO, the ride is thoroughly deserved and his crashes in WSB are a reflection on how he has to override the Fireblade in order to get the result. For proof, you just have to ask yourself "how have his team mates performed in relation to him since his promotion to WSB"?

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

neilf

on the money there pal well deserved place in the GP in my opinion!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

crt targets

realisticly beating crt bikes who know the tyres and circuits better would be a plus from honda i think. he is there to cover not to win a race, but given rea's efforts on an outdate honda you only have to think he is gonna go for it while he has the chance,best of luck to him, maybe he will latch onto rossi for some lines then duff him up back 5 of the race. be great to see.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Forget Jonny R for a moment

I've just read Crazy Joe turned a 1:48.3 in testing the GP12 at Mugello. Three tenths of a second quicker that Rossi qualified the same machine for the Italian GP in June. Yep a man with no big bike experience and no Bridgestone  experience went faster than the guy who's been on the thing for two years and has tucked a few big bike WC's away. And the Oompa Loompa's still think Rossi has gas in the tank to compete? Ha, ha, ha..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Anyone else clocked the engagement ring on Uccio's hand

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2012/motogp/indy/dean11/imsucc.htm

A wee 46 within the band. Isn't that sweet.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Engagement?

I bet Uccio's ring has been on Rossi's finger too..... ;)

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

slow on the go 2 nite nostro

Thought you would have heard about that a lot sooner not that it really matters as you well know.
Did you also read Burgess reckons it will take ten years to fix that Ducati.

BBB ....I have personally met Rossi on several occasions and he has usually had a girlfriend with him.
Have you ever seen him in person or do you just like to be vindictive?

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

His scientific aproch

If you read his first interview after riding the bike he seems to understand straight away how the bike (and tyres) need to be ridden. After some practice I think we'll see Jonny finish infront of one or two prototype machines in his first race which would be a great result.

Best of luck Jonny!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices