Skip to content

Ask an Expert My Bike is modified ??????? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > My Bike is modified ???????

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

My Bike is modified ???????

Browsing Bennets web site I discovered that IF I was insured with bennets then my bike would not be covered unless I informed them of my modifications.  My bike has been modified as follows.

1) Bar Ends ( seriously)
2) Top Box.
3)Braided Hoses
4) Crash Bungs

I should also tell them that I have .
a) Heated Grips.
b) Tank Pad
c) Scot Oiler

Boy oh boy am I a bad sort of guy.:lol:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 September 2012 20:23)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

modified

Yes all them mods enhance the performance and also create an accident waiting to happen.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Modifications.

It's a website and computers are stupid. All it knows is you've made "modifications". Phone insurers for a real quote.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Parasitesl

Insurance companies are just parasites - don't tell them about minor mods, insure it 3rd party and if you crash it, fix it yourself. If someone else claims off you then it's their problem. They've tried before to say insurance was invalid because non-standard tyres were fitted and the ombudsman told them bollocks, cough up. Sod them, get the certificate so you can tax it and legally you're sorted.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Maybe

but look at it from the insurers point too: you're expecting them to pay up if something goes wrong - therefore they need to know what they're supposed to pay out on.

If you've got a topbox (value say £200) which isn't a factory fitment, why would they pay out that money when you haven't told them you've had it installed (or indeed, only told them at claim time)?

Whilst there are insurers who will attempt out of paying due to different spark plugs or something equally stupid (which is bollocks), they do need to know about the valuable bits.

As James states - phone them instead.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bennets

really good quote for renewal £250 fully comp on bandit 600 with mods air filter, different can) and zzr1100.  Sticking with em as cba to faff about. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle