Go to most recent reply

gazzatt2

Aug 07

gazzatt2 says:

Carol Nash Breakdown service

My Carol Nash Breakdown experience 
i broke down on sunday 2nd at on the M11 northbound 2 miles before Stanstead 
at 8.27 pm i called the Carol Nash Breakdown service 
the guy in the call centre was very helpful and said as i was on a motorcycle broken down on a motorway i was a priority and would be attended to in one hour 
following his safety advice I pushed my bike 200 metres backwards along the hard shoulder to a safe place where i could sit behind a barrier underneath a footbridge

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 September 2012 20:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gazzatt2

Aug 07

gazzatt2 says:

at 9.03 pm I get a txt from a subcontractor for the AA that there is a delay and that they would not be with me until 10.00 pm 
at 9.36 i get a txt from Carol Nash assistance saying that recovery is expected at 9.55pm 
at 10.07 I get a phone call from the subcontractor to say that their driver will be with me in 30-40 minutes 
the recovery truck arrived at 11.45 pm and I was recovered home by 12.40am monday morning 
the recovery driver when he found I had been waiting for 3 and 1/4 hours in the cold and dark on the motorway offered me his lunch food and drink 
He also told me that He is paid per job other drivers do not like dealing with Motorcycles as they take longer to deal with (strapping on to truck I presume) so they decline the job adding to my delay 
He had only been given my registration no and not that it was a motorcycle 
I presume so he that he took the job 
he told me he only just spotted my bike in the dark 

Reply to this Topic
gazzatt2

Aug 07

gazzatt2 says:

On monday afternoon I rang Carol Nash insurance customer services to complain they took no details just told me to ring the Carol Nash assistance no I was then told to ring the AA after ringing yet a another department i got put through to some in the AA who took the details and after several calls back to me said they would use this information to improve and apologised for the poor service i had 

My real concern in all this is that Carol Nash who took my money 
showed no interest in my complaint or even concerned that i had been left on a dark motorway for 3 and 1/4 hours 
so much for the "peace of mind" recovery service and "dedicated Call centre customer service"' that they advertise

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Gazz...

I would have expected better service from Carol Nash,over 3 hours wait on a motorway thats very poor.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Breakdown service.

"a subcontractor for the AA,"

I had no idea that they do that. I thought that was more Green Flag's approach, using local contractors so that, in theory, you're never far from a garage which is contracted to come to you.

I have to say that I've always found the RAC bloody brilliant. Membership comes "free" with insurance from H&S, who have been excellent too.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

That's not good enough.

I insure with ebike and used their breakdown service a couple of years ago when I trashed the rear pulley on the Sportster.

I was told the wait would be an hour as they use proper motorcycle recovery vehicles.They phoned me every15 minutes to check that I was still O.K and the van arrived in just under an hour.

I didn't have to lift a finger. The bike was loaded and strapped secorely, I was offered a flask of coffee, biscuits and sandwiches and I got to watch my bike on a cctv screen in the cab.

When we arrived home it was unloaded and parked exactly where I wanted it. Paperwork was dealt with quickly and efficiantly. The whole experience was good.

If I'd been treated as you were I'd be feeling pretty cross. Maybe I was just lucky with my recovery service.

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

green flag

werent too bad when i came off my bike in a sudden snow storm a couple of winters back , but i decided i wanted to get my bike home which was more than 10 miles so had to pay £35

Reply to this Topic
sgt61

Nov 05

sgt61 says:

hmmmm

not good, I'm with Carole Nash and had to use the breakdown service about 6 years ago and it was superb. Breakdown guy picked me and bike up within an hour and asked where I wanted to take the bike. Guy knew loads about bikes and gave me a few places to get bike repaired.

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

i get

free breakdown cover for my bike too with my insurance, but i always take out personal cover with the RAC as it covers my car and motorcycles, and is a hell of alot better than the free ones thrown in with your insurance,,

i knocked em down this year to £58 for personal cover ,any car/bike whether passenger or driver,, roadside and recovery to anywhere i want, well worth it..

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

im with C Nash.....

but have not had to use the breakdown service as of yet.. (hopefully i wont ever need to)

i had cover befor with Footman James which was excellent... was with me within 45 mins.. used "S.O.S bike specific recovery" and had a similar experience to Beelady..

i also have full cover with the AA via my bank acount too...

but a bit of a bad service for you Gazzatt....  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
gazzatt2

Aug 07

gazzatt2 says:

update

update

after I posted this on here and several other forums and Carol Nash's insidebikes Facebook page I got a phone call the next day from Carol Nash 
who said the would be taking up my complaint with the AA
I asked if the called me because of my postings on the internet but he denied that 
I have no further contact from Carol Nash and believe they feel they have closed my complaint 
on Monday 10th I got phone call from The AA who apologised for the service  i received and that as they had let me down she  would send a cheque as a goodwill payment which I received  today 
I find this exceptional as 
A  I am not directly a customer of the AA
B  at no time in any phone call did i request compensation 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices