Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden

KTM's all-new 1190 Adventure is one of the most eagerly-awaited bikes of 2013 - and one of the most guarded secrets. Until now. Over the last two years MCN has gleaned details of the class-leading adventure machine. But now, for the first time, we have its full spec and an insider's idea of what it's like to ride. German journalist Michael Pfeiffer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 September 2012 11:48)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MCN ?????

"The KTM Adventure 1190 is one of the most eagerly awaited bikes of 2013"..... Come on chaps.... get a grip.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Hang on a second

The best selling bike over 125cc in the UK is the BMW R1200GS (in both its guises).  If that's no longer the case, then it's only because the Triumph Adventure 1215 is eating its lunch.

So this KTM is the type of bike that actually sells in the UK and a lot of potential purchasers will want to know about it.

What would you prefer, another article about 600 supersports which are now essentially irrelevant?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I reckon it'll be a blinding all rounder. Will be testing one for definite.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rogerborg

neither a wanabe Rossi or Boorman am I.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Bad shot - show it jump dunes

is there a shortage of street bikes that can corner at such an unimpressive angle? who cares to see another Enduro going around corners at such a mild angle, any motorcycle, ANY BIKE, can do that.

If this bike is such hotshit show it do what a 450 can do. then you have a superior premium enduro and KTM can claim they can do what BMW R1200GS and Triumph Tiger Explorer can't do. Even though both bikes in the hands of the right rider can do the impossible.

don't mean to be realistic here, but let's look at facts: KTM is in trouble and this bike is not going to save them or frankly make a dent. luckily they have Bajaj of India (~50% owner) and thanks to them they now make and sell small cc bikes made for the Indian market. KTM finally has found their niche and that's in India.

The US dirtbike market has been shrinking at a rate of 20% a year for the past few years, pretty soon, that market, which is KTM's main, will disappear.

This bike is the not the most eagerly awaited bike of the hour, let alone the "year." I know MCN guys are big on taking care of their sponsors and the big brands, but you lay out enough BS and your public will never buy a word of what you say again.

Keep the spin to minimum.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Maybe...

Maybe BMW will respond with a GS version of the K1600 – now that would be a fun bike to ride in mud and sand. Then Triumph can make an AT version of the Rocket III.

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

The most eagerly awaited bike of the year is so many different bikes to so many different types of rider but surely with the BMW R1200GS being the biggest selling bike and the adventure bike market being the fastest growing sector of the industry it must be one of the most eagerly anticipated bikes for the UK motorcycle industry as a whole.

In it's previous guise it's always had my attention as it goes well off road rather than "handles it" like the competition (what would be the point in a sportsbike that can't haddle being hammered round a track). My only hope, now thatthey've raised the cc is that they will make an intermediate size version to take it to my F800GS and the Triumph Tiger! 

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

The most eagerly awaited bike of the year is so many different bikes to so many different types of rider but surely with the BMW R1200GS being the biggest selling bike and the adventure bike market being the fastest growing sector of the industry it must be one of the most eagerly anticipated bikes for the UK motorcycle industry as a whole.

In it's previous guise it's always had my attention as it goes well off road rather than "handles it" like the competition (what would be the point in a sportsbike that can't haddle being hammered round a track). My only hope, now thatthey've raised the cc is that they will make an intermediate size version to take it to my F800GS and the Triumph Tiger! 

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

Reply to this Topic
captinktm

Jun 10

captinktm says:

950 was best.

Ok who asked for this then? Is there a que of guys wanting and even more powerfull adventure bike, and I dare say it has abs,and traction contol oh yeh and of course 10 different maps. The truth is this, the original 950 was the best and always will be. It did it all.Had KTM not be complete asses when the Long way round asked for bikes then it would have been a top seller. All these new bikes with all there gizmo's will be like BMW cars, no one will want a 10 year old one for fear of the electroic's going down. An anventure bike should be simple, and my argument is you can always ride home on one carb or sort it out on the side of the road, but when your little black box goes tits up, you are buggered. There was only one thing wrong with the 950 and that was the ridiculous exhaust system under the seat. The pipes got so hot that they would melt the contents of your panniers. But again this was done for fashion, why carry all that weight so high? The 990's fueling was shite, to the point where it was dangerous. On all the models. I worked for a KTM dealer and would n't let guys ride the SM 990 as it was so bad. Bring back carbs!! I raced my 950, and did 50k miles in a year, it was without doubt the best bike I have ever owned. Oh and on the road I never had one sport bike pass me either 100bhp is all you need, just don't shut it off!! Even with the 38 recalls, and a second engine. I am looking for another one now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle