Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 KTM Adventure 1190 ridden

KTM's all-new 1190 Adventure is one of the most eagerly-awaited bikes of 2013 - and one of the most guarded secrets. Until now. Over the last two years MCN has gleaned details of the class-leading adventure machine. But now, for the first time, we have its full spec and an insider's idea of what it's like to ride. German journalist Michael Pfeiffer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 September 2012 11:48)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Not beeing funny....but...

Where do all these adventures take place then?   I often see  "twins" Two identical bikes both with grey adventure clothing and hard cases..... with absolutly no dirt on bike or rider.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Captainktm...38 recalls and a new engine...looks like you bleed orange!

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

dont look as cool as the 990 think i hold on to my 990 for a while

snev not all adventures have to have mud have you seen some of the pot holes in yorkshire :)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ducatigav

I'm seriously impressed if people take them things down Pot holes...!

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Agreed don't look as cool as the 990. What happened to the Adventure R 1090?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Triumph explorer trumps this in nearly every way.  And it's British.  Snev - agreed, half of the gibbons on 'traillies' are much as posers as the wannabe Lorenzos on a Sunday morning (guilty as charged though!)

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Ahhh the old " people on adventure bikes are just posers " comes up again .... Always makes me laugh that does , I suppose all them blades and R1's at the local bike meet have lapped oulton park in the low 1.32's before stopping off for a brew ;-). The vast majority buy them as touring bikes because that's what they're good at .... The odd numpty with too much money buys them and raids the touratech catalogue just to ride to the shops ..... Just like the blinged up thous with massive chicken strips ... Oh the irony! Whatever floats ya boat just go out and enjoy it, I don't get where all the anger has come from, it must be people getting Their arses handed to them by well ridden adventure bikes lol I've had both ... Theres more than one way to skin a cat as they say .

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Rode a 990 up the sustenpass in the alps. Absolute hoot to ride, perfect tool for the job, my R1 would've been wasted, this new one will be a cracker no doubt, as long as the fuelling is sorted!

Reply to this Topic
rupertu

Apr 09

rupertu says:

Having ridden the KTM 990 Adventure R around the world with the missus on a another KTM 990 Adventure (www.bigbiketrip.net) I would say these bikes are cross continent tourers to compete against the Ducati Multistrada and perhaps the BMW, Yamaha and Triumph Adventure bikes. In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing they will cross anything and they will be awesome for 99.9% of RTW adventure touring. As for going for the classic cross anything Rally style adventure bike (like the old single 640 Adventure), then we are looking forward to a lighter 700cc twin KTM ... perhaps with two of the awesome 350cc pots put together inside a Rallye type frame. Speaking for most RTW riders I know, we are all looking for a light and powerful Honda Africa Twin type bike that you can sit on for 8-10 hours a day on tar, sand, gravel and mud. Our pennies worth from Rupert & Fanny (currently at Everest Base Camp in Tibet on Chinese CF Moto 650TRs)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle