Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Trophy 1200 first ride: "Hugely impressive" TROPHY 1200

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TROPHY 1200 > Triumph Trophy 1200 first ride: "Hugely impressive"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Trophy 1200 first ride: "Hugely impressive"

Triumph’s new Trophy 1200 is currently being tested by MCN’s Phil West in Scotland and after completing 250 miles yesterday in the Highlands he is now riding the bike down to the Triumph factory in Hinckley. This is what he’s got to say: "It’s been 21 years since Triumph re-launched at Hinckley with their first new model, the original 1200...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 September 2012 10:27)

Post a message in TROPHY 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

bugger all

384 miles in a day on a big tourer ? thats bugger all ,i did 350 in a day on my 955 speed triple ! i was knackered but that was down to windblast.i did 325 on saturday on my new sprint st 1050 and it was a breeze.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

p.s

p.s give me the thing and i will do 600 in a day and im knackered after a smash wrote off my 955 sprint in 2010

Reply to this Topic
steviewo

Jun 12

steviewo says:

Thinking about it some more, you barely need to ride it in a road test at all, everyone already knows that it's going to be dead comfortable, able to go all day and so on. The big question for me that needs answering, is are all these electronic rider aids worth the money? In round terms the gizmos cost in at about £5k (list price premium over the Sprint GT) so what would be interesting is to take them one by one and find a test to determine their monetary value. Personally, i'd rather have a second bike for town riding, like a Tiger 800 or something a year or two old than spend the money on these gadgets. It would be interesting to hear how the MCN team would contrast the value for money on buying the gadgets on the one side or buying a second bike on the other.

Reply to this Topic
nemopete

Sep 12

nemopete says:

New trophy

What a bike!!!  pick mine up next saturday!!! Even managed to get hold of a launch model.

Nemo

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle