You are in... Forums > General > General > does biking keep you

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

does biking keep you

younger,  in your outlook to life in general, only mentioned this because ive met some lovely people who really should know better at thier ages sorry rog/nina, but plus 60 and an outlook of a very young couple, somebody actually said this to me last night, and its a puzzle is it bikes or is it just that we have grown younger as we get older embracing the challenges of keeping sharp as we get older riding our bikes.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 September 2012 09:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

weasel

only 185 on the clock ffs mate should have kept it pinned fer longer i saw 189 once and still creeping upwards, crazy crazy speeds and very naughty but very nice.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

babyrocket

would have kept it pinned m8 but alas i could see traffic ahead , & as you know it dont take long for a spot in the distance to become the boot of a car at them speeds , but yeah " very nice " indeed :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

weasel64

185..........:ph43r::ph43r:

I did 157 last week on my Blade and its the fastest i ever done,i dont think i will be going any faster than that.....its fooking scary.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
MankeyJohn

Sep 12

MankeyJohn says:

Why Younger?

As a young rider and new to the game, I look on every thing with big open eyes, constantly trying to learn things from older bikers. Every bike I go past get a nod and I will always stop to help, or talk to someone I would never talk to if they didn't have a crash helmet or leathers. To some people biking is a way of feeling younger but why would you want to feel younger? To me biking is a passion. You share the passion in the way you give information to learners like me or to help someone you have never met before. You don't know if they are a mass murderer or a office worker, but you still help. That's what biking is to me, a community of anyone.

... Off topic. No, it makes me feel older. 

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

young

Hi mj yoos got some good morals there fella:winkie:

And 99% of all bikers share the same morals the other 1% aint bikers:tongue: theys just pretenders.And BR (hows you doin fella?) and as far as biking is concerned does it keep you young?In my case it keeps me immature but I still looks fekin old :lol: Regards Robbie

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ayup

robbie, hows you mate? im fine just plodding along like you do mate.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ayup

robbie, hows you mate? im fine just plodding along like you do mate.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

traffco police

dunno about younger, but i had a nice chat with Humberside's finest earlier..lol. heading back from cleethorpes ( meggies) were real traffic coppers.. handed over licence, he said i havent got some of those cats..said on you go mate..cracking guys..(rarely i say that after meeting my local dyfed - powys force jobsworths)

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Mankey John:

One wants to feel younger after reaching a certain age,  because you want that wild energy back.   You don't want to ache from a number of old injuries/problems.   You want to leap out with "Yes!!!  Let's do it!" instead of thinking about the effort involved.

Most of all - particularly for those of us old before our time - we recall how enthusiastic and full of hope we were, instead of being riddled with cynicism. 

Enjoy and appreciate being young mate,  it'll be over before you can look around.  But I know where you're coming from,  because I wished to get through the frustrations that being  young pose asap (eg, no money, no place to live, restricted licence etc. etc.).  It'll happen long before you've realised what you wanted in the first place.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices