Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz in legal fight over Texas MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz in legal fight over Texas MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz in legal fight over Texas MotoGP

American legend Kevin Schwantz has filed a lawsuit against the Circuit of the Americas in a dispute over promotion rights for the inaugural MotoGP race at the Texan venue, due to take place in 2013. The 1993 world 500cc champion has alleged that the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) is driving him out of a deal to stage the race at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 September 2012 10:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Sad

Sad to see such great of GP era who have to go through this sort of stuff. Life isn't great once you leave the GP paddock. Especially the era Kevin was in. Just trying to make some quick buck.... He only knows racing...

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Summit fishy both ways if you ask me...

If his beef is that he's been left out of the circle, why is his protest purely with COTA and not also with Dorna? Is that because he can easily go against COTA, being American, over the Spanish company Dorna, where he'd have no jurisdiction?

With his history and connections with Dorna surely he would have had something setup long before now?

And if so, why would Dorna deny such with a US legend, when they're pushing for more US coverage...

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Shut it Kev!

Kevin Schwantz...

Americas version of Carl Flogarty, only Carl was more successful, had real heart, was less narcissistic and knew when to shut up!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

ppatel3d

Yeah, I know what you mean. 

Life's a bitch..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-sport/super-doohan-grows-wings/story-e6frfgb6-1111113228083

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Classic Doohan

"I wasn't interested at first, because I thought I didn't need that sort of brain damage, but he kept on to me and now it's up and running" 

Must be referring to his efforts trying to talk and work with his last teammate Alex Criville ;-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Stihl.

If it's in a contract, he'll have nothing to worry about.   Just like Jerry Maguire and his number 1 client "Contract? My word is stronger than Oak"....you better get planting acorns because Dorna just got out it's chainsaw.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

If he hasnt

got a contract with either Dorna or COTA , he aint got a leg to stand on . They could bleed him for everything......ouch!.

Sounds like he wants a wage for all the time he put in......

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

3fourTexasMGP

Says it all. Me,me,me. Sort of like 12 digits later. Lets see how this pans out. Facts awaited.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Gizza job !

Kevin wanted to oust Paul Denning from the Suzuki job in motogp and failed,He would attend the opening of a fridge for publicity,now this ,You see Kevin, Do you own or have a contract with Dorna who own the rights to moto gp ?,Do you own or have a contract with the circuit ?,If not then you are whats known as surplus to requirements,Or classed as trying to muscle in on the deal for some cash,"a third party",So unless you have a nice legal document then it's back to shootin from the lip in the Motorcycle press,surely He made a good living from his time in gp's,Not sure I can equate 25 years to motogp and 4 years to this venture,if he has without payment or contract then He learned nothing about business in motorsport ,I don't believe a former Champion could be that naieve

Reply to this Topic
scatterbrained

Oct 09

There's more to this than is presented in the story here.  Originally Full Throttle and Schwantz had a 10 year deal with Dorna (as can be seen here:www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/texas+gp+announced+for+2013 ) .   The principal of Full Throttle has since settled out of court with the head of COTA and I believe is no longer a party to the deal.  However,  this leaves Schwantz in a sort of limbo since the settlement was not made public, it's hard to know where his original deal now stands.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices