Skip to content

Discuss This Failed Ducati robbery General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Failed Ducati robbery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Failed Ducati robbery

In Moto, Croydon was targeted by hammer wielding thieves on Tuesday September 4 at 5:30pm. A gang of six youths equipped with three scooters attempted to steal two Ducati 1199’s by trying to walk the machines out in broad daylight. Unfortunately for them, the staff were not having any of it. Paul Read immediately spotted the robbers and tackled them inside the showroom,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 September 2012 14:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Failed Ducati"

I see a theme here :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
but6h

Sep 11

but6h says:

Spot the brain cell

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Hammered!

In response to the failed robbery attempt by hammer wielding thieves on Tuesday September 4. In moto staff will now be issued with nail guns and be instructed to shoot on sight!

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Wish you were here?

I'd have F'ed up their day.

Reply to this Topic
beebz

Jan 12

beebz says:

recovered stolen bicycle

I KNOW It's not the same as motorbike, but theft is theft.I live in gated building near Kew Bridge. Woke up two weeks ago to find my bicycle disappeared. Obviously was gutted,talked to caretaker and was told that few other bicycles were stolen and he's got it recorded on security camera but police never turned up to pick up the tape. So after a bit of thinking searched on gumtree.com and YAY it was there on sale( it's got distinctive looks). So I posed as a customer and went with few close friends to the rendezvous. When the thief turned up with my bike -KABANG obviously we ""politely"" asked him to return the bike, which he obsequiously did. Police came few days later, asked for thief's phone number which I got from gumtree and told me off for taking risk.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Top marks to the guy in the shop

and the guys from over the road who had a go.

Thought - why not just leave the bikes in gear? Would take longer to find neutral and just wheel away?

My dad had a cycle shop in the 80's and always kept a large wrench under the counter, as local chavs (or whatever they were then) would try and wheel them out on a regular basis. Waved onm a few occassions and worked..

Ended up running a chain through all back wheels.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

More low life chavs..........

.............so brainless that they thought they could just wheel two bikes out of the shop and nobody would respond. Minus IQ, baby producing, scumbags.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Where were the buyers etc? We're all bikers I would hope any of them outside joined in the beating! :)

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

You don't bring a hammer to a gun fight. Daft pricks.  In this case (holding up Adrian and Paul's left fist), "Smith" (then their right) "& Wesson".

Reply to this Topic
matthewdaytona

Feb 12

ermmmmm

ermmmmm you have one of the guys number plates on camera?? God i wish i was there! respect to all those people who helped out!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices