Skip to content

Discuss This Uni students go for TT General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Uni students go for TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Uni students go for TT

Four engineering students plan to design, build and race a Moto2 specification GP bike in the Senior class at the 2013 Isle of Man TT. Nick Castledine, Niall Shimmin, Aden Shawfrost and Jonny Elliott are undertaking the project as part of their Master’s degrees at Huddersfield University. Inspired by British chassis constructors FTR Moto running their M210 at the 2010 TT and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 September 2012 16:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Good on ya lads

hope you get to race as well

MCN need to keep us up to date on how your getting on best of luck!!!

Reply to this Topic
DemiT

Sep 12

DemiT says:

There is nothing like getting on the road, feeling the wind in hair and being free. If you ride a motorbike and enjoy meeting other riders or look for someone special for your backseats. Welcome to~~~~Seekingbikers [Please Google it]~~~~, the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. ^_^

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

600rr

obviously the 600rr is amazing anyway good choice honda is best, im still wondering what they're doing with it? are the creating another bike from scratch or building onto the 600rr?

Reply to this Topic
matthewdaytona

Feb 12

MCN

MCN Should sponsor them!!

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

good luck lads

as its students your sponsors could be super noodles the fuel for students

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

Good stuff

I can see the red and gold Merrie England coffee shops livery now! Or how about the pale blue and white of Dixon's Milk Ices..... You could make it play some tinkly bong ice cream van tunes :)

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

One way to blow your student's loan I 'spose!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Brmoore...

did you forget to read the article mate???  :D

They're using a CBR600RR as a donor bike... which means they'll use the engine.. then design and build everything else around it... the same thinking as in the Moto2 championship!

Very best of luck to you boys... there's a lot more to it than merely building a bike, You'll need to be obsessed with the project.. sure sounds like you're not short on enthusiasm, Hope you get there and compete!

Reply to this Topic
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

I'm surprised more mainstream teams don't go for this option, tech 3 should send an M1

Reply to this Topic
MotoProjectHud

Sep 12

Thanks for the support guys, hopefully we can get the funding sorted! More phonecalls to be made (will have to search for seperate sponsors to cover my phonebill this month I think!)...next on the list Supernoodles, thanks ducatigav

750FLYER - we're already obsessed with it, it's gonna be a 24/7 project for all of us but atleast its a project we're passionate about so I don't think the motivation is going to fade. I think other things in our lives are going to get in the way more than anything, things like eating and sleeping...but I'm sure we'll figure something out

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices