You are in... Forums > General > General > Suzuki ST400 Tempter

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

INJEBRECK99

Sep 11

INJEBRECK99 says:

Suzuki ST400 Tempter

As a direct response to the article in MCN, I test rode the Honda CB400 and the Suzuki ST 400, and bought the Suzuki as it suited my small frame and short legs, if anybody else has one of these, perhaps we could share info as it sems to be a bit lacking.

Attached images:

1. 017  
  2. 020  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 September 2012 19:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Did you

buy that from Spencer?

I saw that in his shop and thought it looked pretty cool.

I guess it's the same engine as the old air cooled DR400?

What does it go like?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

They've tucked...

that exhaust header in close to the engine case on that bike.It looks neat,but I think I would prefer a bit more air flow round the hottest part of a bike,especially an air cooled one....the same applies to the reg/rectifier too, which needs cool air to keep it functioning properly.So under the back end rather than over the cases behind the cylinder.

although they have been around a long time in various forms,so should be O.K.:smile

400 single

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
INJEBRECK99

Sep 11

INJEBRECK99 says:

Suzuki Tempter

I bought it from Unit 1 motorcycles in Wickham Market, Suffolk, good deal and bike well checked over, rode it home to Norfolk, went well, not a roadburner obviously, but will cruise at 70mph easily, quite smooth for a single as well,steers well in spite of IRC tyres, I just like the looks. and being small and light helps enormously as well, I agree that the exhaust is close to the engine, but sems OK, seat is a bit firm, clutch a bit heavy, a few minor marks, but it is a 1999 bike. I still need any technical specifications any one can provide, especially a handbook or copy please.

Reply to this Topic
robdsmith92

Sep 12

robdsmith92 says:

Beat us to it!

I literally called up today to buy the bike! It's been for sale for a while and I thought "ahh it will still be there"... How wrong I was! haha. Anyway, enjoy! :)

Reply to this Topic
INJEBRECK99

Sep 11

INJEBRECK99 says:

Tempter

I only bought it 2 weeks ago, picked it up last Friday, lovely ride home, I think they still have a silver one left at Bridge Moto, but dosen't look as good condition as mine from photo's, Unit 1 said mine was the best available at the time, keep looking, you may be lucky.

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

Ryca CS-1

old(ish) hey pal now that looks sweet .think im converted

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Albert88...

it'd look better still with that drum brake front wheel off Injebrecks bike.That's a pair of nice looking wheels for an 'economy' bike.

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

I saw the black one

from Bridge Moto on the back of the trailer this morning along with the BM K1, so I guess they're off for delivery.

Reply to this Topic
tncyber

Mar 13

tncyber says:

Suzuki ST400 Tempter

Hi! I'm buying my first bike now, it's Suzuki Tempter ST400.

As I read here you have the same bike for half a year already. Could you please help me to find any information about this bike (manual, consumables info, any other technical info). Maybe just some words about Tempter from your experience? 

It'll be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to this Topic
mogman

Sep 13

mogman says:

Suzuki ST400 Tempter Rake angle

You indicated that you might buy a Suzuki ST 400 Tempter. Did you complete the purchase? I would be interested in your evaluation and any specifications (especially the rake angle of the steering) that you could pass on to me here in the USA. The Tempter is a very nice looking bike. Thank you in advance.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices