Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN September 12: Triumph Trophy world first ride General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN September 12: Triumph Trophy world first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN September 12: Triumph Trophy world first ride

In this week's MCN, out September 12, we put the all-new Triumph Trophy 1200 through its paces, riding it from Sctoland to the Triumph factory in Hickley, Leicester. The original Trophy 1200 was the first bike out of the Hinckley factory in 1991, can the new Trophy 1200 live up to its name? We also ride the new Kawasaki Ninja 300 in Germany. Also in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2012 11:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Serega

Jan 11

Serega says:

BMW??

Is that BMW R1200RT?? Looks like,or Triumph factory dosent have good desainers at all?? Just copy BMW..

Reply to this Topic
kel123

Sep 12

kel123 says:

SUZUKI/ YAMAHA/ HONDA / KAWASAKI??

Is that SUZUKI/ YAMAHA/ HONDA/ KAWASAKI?? Looks like, or BMW factory dose not have good designers at all?? just copy.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

kel123

well said mate,the fifth columnists in leather chaps and braces appall me with their kraut worshipping.The s100r is a jap bike plain and simple.the weird forks were designed by an englishman and they took the idea once his patent had run out.douglas made flat twins before bmw,their singles use rotax engines.people in glass houses etc

Reply to this Topic
shottsj

Apr 04

shottsj says:

They're back again!

Once again we get the sparse whiff of a new Triumph and the anti-Brits are out there with their ability to mud-sling before riding (or even reading) and their inability to spell if their life depended on it..

I am glad to say the Triumph factory actually does (rather than 'dosent')  have rather good British designers and no 'desainers' at all!

And - Oh My Goodness! - the bike has a big screen at the front for wind protection, a big console for all the special electronic stuff, and a big seat for long distance riding and looks JUST LIKE...........  A Touring Motorcycle!!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

No longer.

BMW thumpers now use engines built by Lifan in China, not Rotax in Austria.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Motor Industry!

If one manufacturer comes up with a concept that works others will follow, it's been happening in the motor industry for decades and will continue this way. It's the people/buyers who create the demand and make the market, the manufacturers are just responding. Good luck to you triumph, put a few pounds back in the British coffers!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Copy BMW?

I hope no other manufacturer copies BMW’s ugly asymmetrical headlights. Ugh.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I'm looking forward to a test ride on the Trophy. Could be my next bike..

Reply to this Topic
gasfitter42

Feb 11

gasfitter42 says:

trophy

nice test on the new trophy its that good it discovered a new town beside the forth bridge? the bike looks a favorite now mainly due to the service intervals compared to the pan. keep up the good work mcn.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle