Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

Bradley Smith is relishing the prospect of teaming up with fellow British rider Cal Crutchlow in next year’s MotoGP world championship. Smith’s two-year deal with the Tech 3 Yamaha squad was confirmed during the recent Brno MotoGP round in the Czech Republic and the 21-year-old will join former World Supersport champion Crutchlow on a factory-backed YZR-M1 machine in 2013. Crutchlow penned a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2012 11:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Well esteemed colleague trolling below aside...

..I'm quite looking forward to seeing what the pair manage to do next year.

Short of Dovi, Hayden and Audi doing something with the Ducati I think we can expect to see them both in the top 6 quite regularly.

Reply to this Topic
deafdave

Oct 09

deafdave says:

Redding vs smith

Scott redding way better then smith and I don't like they want smith over redding in motogp team! Scott alway in front and podium a lot then pffffff smith! Come on team you should know better

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Will be an interesting 1st race.  Bradders ahead of all the satellites and CRT's?  I certainly hope so but I wouldn't wager an Ayrton on it.  Or a Lady Godiva.... come to think of it, I wouldn't wager anything.  Good luck son!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Smith aiming too high

Cal's a little out of his league for now. Smith needs to set his goals realistically. Rossi should be a good benchmark for him initially.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

lol nostro

So what your saying is Smith needs to set his sights for Rossi!?

I dont think Smith is gona be in the top three with Rossi, i think he sould be aiming for the top ten just ahead of Dovi is more realistic. And not try and keep up with Cal or that will end in tears.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Flob

Taken from the Urban Dictionary... says it all:

A breed of the human species, probably a branch of the Down syndrome section of society.
I have encountered scores of people of this breed in my lifetime, and have been astounded to realise they have never been catagorized, which is something we humans like to do, stick people in boxes.

These people typically have a lower intellect and intelligence than your average person, the tell-tale signs include always wearing rather thick glasses and a ever so slightly offended look on their face.
They tilt their head back and peer at you down their nose when talking to you, raising their upper lip into a sneer that exposes the teeth.
Often found boasting about the great achievements they've come to accomplish in their life, the unfortunate engorged grandeur only suffices to expose the pitiful backwards living-at-home-til-25 lifestyle they lead.

Example conversation:
Flob - I've got a motorbike!
Guy 1 - Oh, that's cool, what is it?
Flob - It goes dead fast! It's red.
Guy 1 - Huh?
Guy 2 - It's a moped, and his mother bought it for him.
Flob - I can play drums too!
Guy 2 - Great, did you get them for Christmas?
Flbo - YEAH! I mean, no! I'M DEAD GOOD ON THEM, COME TO MY HOUSE AND BE MY FRIEND!
Guy 1 and 2 - Later flob.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

You just know that if most the Brit pundits think a Brit is going to struggle in MotoGP - he's gonna drown. I've nothing against Bradley, but contrast the reaction from us all to Jonny Rea getting the call up. Sometimes you just know...

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

@IcantRIDEaBIKE

spot on so true HAHA

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Cock up

The biggest in MotoGP, Smith's not fit to ride a MotoGP bike, he did nothing on 125, he had a lucky escape not having to ride a 250, and his performance on a Moto2 is dire, to say the least. The only way he's going to get in the top 6 ever in MotoGP, is for Cal to put a dual seat on his bike, and put that muppet on the back. What a waste of a MotoGP ride with a long line up of faster, more committed riders available.  

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Whatever..

..you think of Bradley, he's got one of the best deals in the paddock. A whole TWO years on a satellite Ya-macka.

Truth be told, Herve would probably be the first to admit he signed Smith too early but that's history now.

Bradders'll have a year to learn, to try to adapt, same as most rookies. He's a bright boy but has very little experience on big bikes - nothing like Rea or Cal - so the expectation is less. In reality, his championship will be about racking up the miles and staying out of last place prototype spot..maybe battling Iannone. 

He knows he's a lucky lad to have that seat and has to justify Poncherals faith in him at some point but, he'll have time.

Be good to see another Englishman, Scott Redding in the class..maybe the UK's Jonny Rea too!

Blimey, we're really stacking and rackin 'em to race in GP. I think we ought to baggsy Chas Davis too..for 2014 with BMW.

He's more Three Lions than puff the dragon anyway..just listen to him talk? Certainly no sheep-shagging yokel from the valleys..

Go Chas..an honoury Englishman if ever I saw one?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices