Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

Bradley Smith is relishing the prospect of teaming up with fellow British rider Cal Crutchlow in next year’s MotoGP world championship. Smith’s two-year deal with the Tech 3 Yamaha squad was confirmed during the recent Brno MotoGP round in the Czech Republic and the 21-year-old will join former World Supersport champion Crutchlow on a factory-backed YZR-M1 machine in 2013. Crutchlow penned a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2012 11:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Harshly judged?

Is he really doing that badly in Moto2?

Impossible to know just how competitive the bike is, but it is widely acknowledged it is some way behind the front runner's bikes and as mentioned before, has had little development. The first benchmark is his team mate and look where he is - way behind. Then look how far behind Redding he his. Redding is landing a lot of plaudits but Smith is only 2 places back with poorer equipment. And like Redding, he looks a bit big for a Moto2 bike.

He's clearly no idiot on a bike, so surely it's fairer to reserve any judgement until he's had half a season in Motogp behind him. It's harsh to judge him so severely on this year's performance, given the suspect standard of the bike - there have been one or two established Motogp riders who have looked very average when the bike doesn't suit them or they find it uncompetitive. Why not look at it from the positive and think what he might be able to do on the competitive Tech3 Yam?

To me he seems a decent, modest type who isn't proclaiming how he is going to set Motogp on fire, he's just being realistic in his outlook and looking forward to the challenge ahead. They're the kind of people I'd like to see succeed rather than big-headed loud-mouthed arseholes and prima donas.

Here's hoping he has what it takes and that he is given a fair chance to have a crack at it.

Rookie of the year 2013?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Smith Rookie of the year 2013 Bulto?

What is Marquez going to be in a coma for most of it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

what I see

Iv'e Nothing against Smith, far from it., we badly need some good committed racers, but I feel Smith is not one of them, and to land a two year MotoGP ride, on past performance, goes against all reasoning. Riders with potential should move up to the premier class, and as regards his size, what's a MotoGP bike going to do for him, also you can read it here first, Marquez for rookie of the year 2013, I'm not betting against it. Smith will go proportionately slower on a MotoGP bike, as with Moto2, maybe he's got a built in self preservation switch, but unless he bypasses that he's just another Brit going nowhere in MotoGP, but good luck to him.   

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Bulto.....

A well written and fair comment.

Reply to this Topic
ste79

May 12

ste79 says:

Race craft

I really hope he does well but I have my doubts I think his race craft will let him down I have watched him over the years and time and time again he will leave the door open on the last lap and lose a win, I think he is a very lucky man to have a ride in Moto GP next year looking at his results this year esp if you look at Scott Reading.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Wait & see

The deal with Bradley was done at least 18 months ago & one of the terms was that if anyone wanted Bradley's ride on the Yamaha was that the replacement would have to buy Bradley's contract, making him a shed load of money in the progress, look back at Barry sheene, he rode the wheels of a 125 Suzuki only to loose out to angel nieto on the six best scores out of 10, Barry was crap on a 250 in 1972, 73 was different sheene rode a big bike and wine the formula 750 championchip, so don't be too hard on Bradley,also the level of technical development on the tech 3 bike is from 2 riders,where Sumter kalex etc have at least 8 or 9 different riders on each bike so that makes a big difference,but yeah Marquez will be rookie of the year barring misfortunes

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Icantrideabike/if it helps

Don't waste your time even acknowledging what could of been found by a simple test pre birth,it's not worth the electric your pc used ,There is a good motogp on this week end its not at Rampton ,As for Bradley it's just a good job that contract was already signed,I think he is way out of his depth,and you could write a list of better causes for that machine,lets hope he surprises us ,Cal however is a different kettle of fish,there is more to come. hopefully this weekend,Dovi has a great set of new brakes to take to Ducati so that should help him start to develop the Red thing,Cal will no doubt get all the top secret Yamaha goodies now 'cos hecanrideabike,lol,The plank I think he mentions is Herve's feelings right now,

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Smith Rookie of the year 2013 Bulto?

Admission time  -  I forgot about Marquez as I was thinking along the lines of the privateer teams.......

Although if Maquez gets a little 'exhuberant', he may miss a few, so you never know...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

So..

..when did all reasoning apply to MotoGP, cornbowl?

Passports? Politics? Pay per view?

I mean..Stoner was relatively shite on a 125 and 250. Didn't stop him, did it?

If there was a World Cup of bike racing..the Brits would probably win it!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Ideas

anyone got any ideas about when ' Granny' Smith will win his next race, or in fact get on the podium. 2015 if he's lucky, he might be fighting for a spot in British Supersport, cos there's one or two in there that could match his performance, not to mention BSB. There's talent out there that should be on that M1 and Smith's not one of them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices