Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith relishing working with Cal Crutchlow in 2013

Bradley Smith is relishing the prospect of teaming up with fellow British rider Cal Crutchlow in next year’s MotoGP world championship. Smith’s two-year deal with the Tech 3 Yamaha squad was confirmed during the recent Brno MotoGP round in the Czech Republic and the 21-year-old will join former World Supersport champion Crutchlow on a factory-backed YZR-M1 machine in 2013. Crutchlow penned a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2012 11:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Reality..

I realise that's easy to say from afar on your couch with built in self preservation switch..but Smith is a talent and out there.

He is also THE one sat on that M1 seat..haha

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

And the best of british luck to him....

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

easy to say

of course it's easy to say, it's an overall judgement of riders that are out there, and riding hard, and putting in 110%, and will never get the chance to be gifted a MotoGP ride. Smith's not a talent, if he was he'd have shown it by now. Put Marquez on Smith's bike, and put Smith on Marquez's bike,  so by your reckoning  Smith's on the top step, and Marquez is anywhere between 8th & 13th, are you honestly saying that you'd believe that. It's talent that's taking Marquez and others to the front, and that is something that Smith will never have. I'd like to be proven wrong, but that's my view, and he's done nothing to change that, and you won't see him on the podium on any step in Moto2 or MotoGP, ever. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I've never really seen much of 125 or 250 racing so don't really know much about his history in those categories. I can understand people having reservations or doubts about his ability at the top level but what I don't get is the near animosity from some people.

In other discussions there are endless complaints about passport riders and too many Spanish, never a chance for British riders, yet now we have one given an opportunity and he's getting slated in typical British fashion before he's even got on the bike.

There's no hard evidence that anyone else from BSB or WSB would be a better choice as there is no tangible way of measuring it. Some are saying Redding would do a better job but as I mentioned before, he is only two places and about one race win in points ahead of Smith, so he's hardly light years ahead of him. Redding may still be in there yet on a Honda?

Whatever the why's and wherefores of the decision that put him on the M1, he's there, so let's hope he can do a good job and get some solid results to build on for a top 6 finish. And let's hope Redding will in there too.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

stranger things have happened

well always thought smith was a strange choice for tech 3,but the guys obviously got one slick, switched on managment team, sure he should have had better results ,tho he has won gps, but at least next year his talent and ability is gonna be easily measured  against cals performance,and his rookie year,there will be no hiding place,or excuses in the spotlight at tech 3,about the bike or his size etc.to be honest the kid had to take the offer, fk a one eyed monkey could see that,who would say no,.as for marquez, an outstanding talent so far,but hes not nailed on to be great in moto gp, many good riders on the smaller bikes have failed on the bigger ones (they chuck you up the road harder),and marc is prone to a little wildness, so the jurys out for me on that one.(actually think rea would go better). so smith if he transforms to gp, might have a shout at being closer to marquez in this class,any excuses,etc smith has had, stop next year, the stage awaits ?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cornbowl

Smith's not a talent, if he was he'd have shown it by now.

People could have said the same about Nigel Mansell in F1. How long did it take him to win a race? But it wasn't because of no talent. It was because of circumstances, uncompetitive cars and bad luck when he had a good one. Looking at Rossi in isolation on the Ducati, you could say he is an average rider at best, based on his results, when clearly he isn't.

Results don't always paint the true picture of someone's ability

I'd like to see him have some success next year, equally I'd like to see Marquez bomb... just to prove a point. And from what I've seen of Moto2, he seems to have one hell of a fast bike, it can't all be down to his weight?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Talent

Okay, Foggy WSB four times, with no desire for MotoGP. There's been a string of better qualified quality riders with titles, the list is endless, to mention a few, Neil Hodgson, James Toseland, Shane Burne, Leon Haslam and so on, good British talent worth a ride in MotoGP over Smith, Tom Sykes, The Laverty's, Tommy Hill & Jonathan Rea, you can't believe that Smith could compete with any of these in BSB, WSB or MotoGP. So, it's not going to happen for him.

Cal's our best hope, as he's already proven.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

you can't believe that Smith could compete with any of these in BSB, WSB or MotoGP

I don't know, but you have no tangible facts or evidence to say that he couldn't either.

Some of those you've mentioned have already had rides in Motogp and not made it - not by my definition, but by that of general consensus

Why the harshness and animosity - he may surprise.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

That's right

They've got talent, all carrying titles WSB, BSB multiple champions, and they failed, that's my point, Smith's got bugger all, he'll never win a Moto2, they'd eat him alive in WSB, and he'd be a joke in BSB. You've obviously not a great knowledge in motorcycle racing, else you'd know how tough it is to attain those titles, and MotoGP's on another level, so same again, he's a looser, he's not won anything in titles. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You've obviously not a great knowledge in motorcycle racing, else you'd know how tough it is to attain those titles, and MotoGP's on another level,

Or you're overly opinionated

He's never raced in BSB or WSB so what relevance are those comments. Stoner never raced in them either and like Smith, his best result in the smaller class was 2nd, in 250, he never won a title. Smith was 4th and 2nd in his last two years in 125 and at some time finished runner up in a Spanish championship, hardly fits your description of no talent. Stoner won nothing in 2006 on the 2nd rate Honda and ended up around 7th or 8th, so by your definition, a no hoper and no talent based on his results at the time - what happened next disproved that theory somewhat... As I said, results don't necessarily reflect ability.

You obviously have a dislike of Smith and have no room in your opinion to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's up to you.

I've no idea how he will do, I can only hope he does well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices