Skip to content

Discuss This Jonathan Rea ready for dream MotoGP debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jonathan Rea ready for dream MotoGP debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jonathan Rea ready for dream MotoGP debut

Jonathan Rea says his debut on Casey Stoner’s factory Honda RC213V machine in Misano this weekend will be a ‘big dream come true.” Rea starts his stint as reigning world champion Stoner’s injury stand-in in Misano this weekend after two encouraging test sessions on the Repsol-backed RC213V machine in Brno and Motorland Aragon. Australian Stoner is ruled out after he suffered a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 September 2012 11:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

saturn/ a different view

I am sceptical but wish the bloke good luck,Loved him in the bsb days but the Road in wsb has been a rocky one,we will see if it's a case of over riding the Blade to compensate or just his nature,I hope it's the former,it's one hell of an opportunity for him,Is this how to express a slightly different view,I have almost forgotten, sorry for not slating you personally hope that's ok

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stig

That's what we call discussion in civilised company. No doubt the insults will start flying soon. Three of us on the receiving end today.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

good luck johnny

it`s gonna be a hard weekend

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

JR #65

Here's hoping JR has a strong, safe Moto GP debut and that he gives HRC something to think about.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

As a rough guide Crutchlow finished 11th in his first motogp race, Bradl 8th so anywhere top 10 is not bad. 7th place should be doable. Behind the Yams and Hondas, Ahead of the Ducatis and Spies.

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

yeah dream moto gp debut

ill say what everyone else is thinking,

and going on jonathan rea"s wsb effort so far i doubt he is going to make an inpact on stoner"s bike,  crash crash crash,

scot redding should have got the ride, im sure he would have impressd,

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Scott

Scott Redding hasn't just won the Suzuka 8hr though. And with Scotts 'back it in' style he would be more likely to crash than Rea.  In my opinion.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

fair enough comment,

dont get me wrong i would love to see rea do well, but i doubt he will do any better than toni elias in reality, in wsb rea seems to be getting a win or bin name to himself, and some of his moves are boarder line, ??  i just feel scott redding would be a better choice in my opinion , redding  is young enough to adapt his riding style and learn, and he certainly has the balls,

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

deserves the chance

Rea definately deserves the chance on Stoners bike. He has ridden the wheels of an uncompetitive bike and got some fantastic results on it. He has shown loyaty to Honda and could have joined  a team with a better bike. He has always beaten his team mates by a mile and that includes Checca. He has just won the suzuka 8 hours. If he stays on i put him down for a top 6 finish and suprising a few of the established riders  

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Reality

it's going to be a hell of a weekend, Smith on the podium Moto2, and Jonathan 6th, hmmm but in reality I think 8th for both of them would be a good target, so long as they can stay bubble up and rubber down. Good luck to them  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices