Skip to content

Discuss This New Kawasaki ZX-6R and Z800 leaked in video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Kawasaki ZX-6R and Z800 leaked in video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Kawasaki ZX-6R and Z800 leaked in video

A video has been posted on Youtube showing the new Kawasaki ZX-6R and Z800 weeks after MCN exclusively revealed the new models. The video, shot in a warehouse, shows both bikes running and being revved. The new ZX-6R sees the firm return to a capacity of 636cc, as can be seen in the video by the sticker on the fairing. The Z800...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 10:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

leaked???

well-the guy aint subtle---I have a feeling from his body language he either shouldnt be there at all--or shouldnt be doing what hes doing--unless of course, Kawasaki are drip-feeding us with "leaked videos"

Reply to this Topic
evilgenius

Aug 05

evilgenius says:

ABS

Both have ABS. Is it standard or extra?

Reply to this Topic
RoscoPdrivetrain

Nov 11

what a shame

ugly ugly ugly

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

Ohhh good. so an other Z with a shit swingarm and by the looks of the frame, a weight of about 2 tones, just an other totaly benine bike that will sell by the truck load just due to maketing. the japs reely have no ambition...

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Not impressed at all, Suzuki gsr750 & the gsxr600 look 100 times better even cbr 600 , I wouldn't buy either Kawasaki as they don't look good, the exhaust on the 800 looks awful

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

bluehaze60

I agree,

The 800 looks bloody awful.

Shame as I would have been a potential customer.

I am looking to change my ER6-n for something bigger and I thought that the new Z800 might be it but not any longer.

It's pig ugly!

Oh, just a thought. The video is from Sao Paulo. Does that mean they are gonna build them at their Brazilian plant in Manaus?

Seem's likely as we don't get many imported production models here, let alone bikes that have not been launched yet. 

Reply to this Topic
evilgenius

Aug 05

evilgenius says:

Sadly bikes are about 10yrs behind car technology and it is perplexing about car and bike fuel economy. A car weighing 2 ton with 400bhp will get more mpg than a bike weighing 200kg 150bhp. Bike manufactures need to address this mater.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Locktab & Evilgenius have it on the nail.

Personally I quite like the looks of this new Z800 but the point about relevance persists.

Until a bike like this Z800 can balance 130mph/120mph top speed with MUCH lower running costs then I'll be keeping my money too.  I think the new Kawasaki 300 is more relevant as a road bike (if Kawasaki lowered the price).

Just for perspective - I spoke to a self-employed van driver about tyre wear.  His mouth nearly hit the floor after I mentioned how much a replacement tyre costs for my ZX7R & that 5000 miles from a rear tyre was a good wear rate for any kind of performance bike.  His van does over 120 mph & more to the gallon (than my 7R) & he gets over 50000 (fifty thousand) from a rear tyre - makes you think.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Tires (Tyres)

The OEM tires on my Honda Civic lasted just over 50K miles, and cost less than $100/tire to replace (H-speed rated Bridgestone Potenza’s, not cheap crap either). The Civic has about 15% more power and 460% of the gross weight of my Honda CBR600F4i (one-up), but only consumes about 25% more fuel.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

That's far from.....

Green technology! On a slow day my Busa gives around 54 mpg but around 33 when "getting a bit of a move on" My Volvo diesel shows 34 average on its computer. Difference being, the Busa is about Twelve light years away in performance terms. The new addition CBR125R returns around 70MPG but takes forever to get anywhere. I do own "a couple of other cars" that achieve high terminal speeds but are pretty poor in the MPG stakes. The RSV100R does around Three tanks a year, and the other Bikes around 10 tanks a year. The Plane is a complete "money pit" and the Erm "boat" is a complete waste of the Earths natural Resources.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices