Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Who’s the greatest current real-roads racer (apart from John McGuinness)? TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Poll: Who’s the greatest current real-roads racer (apart from John McGuinness)?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Who’s the greatest current real-roads racer (apart from John McGuinness)?

John McGuinness is undoubtedly the most successful current real-roads racer with his 19 TT wins, but who would you vote for as the greatest current real-roads racer besides McGuinness?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 14:33)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Here's an idea

It's probably the one with the highest amount of wins after McGuiness !

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Theres more to roadracing than the TT

Surely Farqhuar is the most successful roads racer?

Reply to this Topic
Aajkz

Feb 10

Aajkz says:

Umm.

Ryan Farquhar isn't current. He's retired

Reply to this Topic
denkmit

Sep 12

denkmit says:

George

John McGuinness isn't the greatest current road racer. TT yes, but the best racer on the roads overall has to be Bruce Anstey!

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

In fairness - Farquhar has only been retired little over a week - still fresh enough to be current in my opinion. He wouldn't be my pick here though - always felt he was just the last of the real quality road riders left after there was a number of high profile riders deaths around the same time (RIP) and his number of race wins is artificially high because of it. Great rider still. Adrian Archibald in his day was amazing - especially around the early 2000 era. I think he hasn't really been the same since having a kid, understandably having different priorities! I remember him riding the Red Bull Fireblade - a bike which was down on power so was useless at the ultrafast big three - NW200, UGP and the TT - but on the twisty roads he was absolutely untouchable. He gets my vote though admittedly based on past performances than current form!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Yeah ok

strictly speaking Ryan Farquhar is now retired due to very sad circumstances, but he still has the most national Irish road race wins.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Also, I don't consider John McGuinness the greatest real-roads rider - yes he has had huge success at the TT - but that's one track and there is a lot more to road racing than the TT. He doesn't really count anywhere else.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

tough

question, because there's a list of great road racers, and it's not fair to choose one above the others, because that puts the rest down.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

M Dunlop is great, but...

Farquhar is somethings else, look at the stats for this great racer across all courses, real shame we wont be seeing him race any more. RIP Trev

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I was just looking at the poll results

Its seems a good many people are confusing words like "massive natural talent" and "celebrity gobshite" with words like "greatest" and "most successful".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices