Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will the new motorcycling licence laws be good for motorcycling? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Will the new motorcycling licence laws be good for motorcycling?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will the new motorcycling licence laws be good for motorcycling?

Motorcycling licence laws are due to be changed yet again in January 2013 and motorcyclists starting at the age of 17 could potentially have to take three separate motorcycle tests before they're allowed to ride an unrestricted motorcycle on the road. This is what the new laws mean: Anybody under the age of 19 and at least 17 years old must pass a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 September 2012 15:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Not be far off hgv test standards soon. Hgv tests are expensive and strict, motorcycle tests are getting harder and more expensive but cars are still the same. Punish the few for the mistakes of the many. Most bike crashes involve another vehicle which is usually at fault. They say it is to make young riders safer but what about young drivers. I know two people who have crashed in the past week due to dicking about. They're trying to get bikes to stop hitting cars but what about stopping cars from pulling out in front of the bike or overtaking into the path of a bike. Better to unload a gun rather than to shoot at a bulletproof vest?

Reply to this Topic
barnowl95

Jun 12

barnowl95 says:

As a 17 year old lad, i know there has been a rush of bikers under 19 taking their tests and passing, just so they avoid this nonsense, instead of making more tests sort out the one they already have, the mod 1 test in the last week has had a girl on a 500cc swerve on the obstacle rev her bike and drive through the metal fence and down a steep hill into a dry stone wall, i think this should be changed, also i believe every car driver should have to do a CBT

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

All it is going to do is cost training schools and punters more money and it's not going to make the Dsa any more money either. This is all the EU on the plus side 80% of people are over 24 and do direct access anyway. It's only going to affect the minority so that makes it ok doesn't it??? It will only affect all those young folk turning to bikes as car insurance is rediculous and those looking for cheap transport. So just the industry's bread and butter. Way to stimulate the economy. At least there will be the road safety benifit..... No no wait it just encourages long time learners on there 3rd Cbt.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

WTF...?

Is that person wearing ? in the picture... As for the question...NO. try doing the same to the Car drivers and you may well see a civil war, again.

Reply to this Topic
martynjoseph1

Sep 12

Dodged the bullet

I'm 17 and passed my full bike test 1 month ago. Though I may be restricted I am glad I passed when I did as the proposed bike test plans sound terrible.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Better training for car drivers..

I call for all car drivers to do a CBT. In mainland Europe more people have exposure to bikes/scooters as a first means of transport. They grow up to be more considerate car drivers. At this rate I worry that in the future they'll bring in some new legislation and take our bike licences away... heaven forbid!

Reply to this Topic
david1991

Apr 12

david1991 says:

Total BS

Car drivers take one test, and can drive in their boxes forever Bikers have to take three tests, and have a two year restriction put in place. where's the sense in that when car drivers have soooo many bad habits we have to compensate for such as bad lane positioning so we cant filter ect .

Reply to this Topic
MankeyJohn

Sep 12

MankeyJohn says:

NO!

"NO. try doing the same to the Car drivers and you may well see a civil war, again"

Love it :)

Either someone has got a new job, or there looking at statistics again....

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

It's not about safety!

The EU have as good as said the legislation has nothing directly to do with safety and is about discouraging youngsters from taking up biking. Safety lobbyists have gotten the ear of jobsworth euro MP's to drive down road accident figures and believe the easiest way to do this is to legislate bikes off the road by the back door.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Morons

Where are the 104 morons who voted "yes".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices