Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

Last Sunday I rode from my home near Exeter to my in-laws' house in Birmingham. I must have passed over 100 bikes but, despite my cheery waves, only received half a dozen or so nods in return. What's wrong with bikers these days; why does hardly anyone wave anymore?  Your answer could help. The best will be printed in next week's MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 15:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

I always nod unless I'm trying not to get run over or they're 6 lanes away on the opposite carriageway. I even nod to cruisers-especially cruisers, gives me a giggle when they pretend they can't see you in their piss pot!

Reply to this Topic
number75

Jul 12

number75 says:

I always nod unless I'm trying not to get run over or they're 6 lanes away on the opposite carriageway. I even nod to cruisers-especially cruisers, gives me a giggle when they pretend they can't see you in their piss pot!

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

No less sociable

Iv'e noticed more scooters giving the nod, and learner bikers. Recall when I rode a moped back in 19** never ever got a nod. Only time I don't nod, is when I need to concentrate on traffic. I don't think fewer nods mean less sociability, the biking community is as strong today as it's ever been. IMHO

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

There are 'Noddies' out there

I felt especially proud when I got a nod from someone on an 1198 - I was only on my 125 Aprilia! Also, it's true that Harley riders don't nod. I've never ever had a nod returned by a Harley rider. Fact.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

Almost everone returns my nods and waves.

Perhaps nobody likes you ?

Try wearing trousers that might help

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

I live in plymouth and I get nods from pretty much every biker except 125cc scooter riders as im sure they feel left out!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

not real

so many on bikes, buy them as toys, they don't use them regularly, so have no affinity to ordinary everyday bikers, so they react the same as they do when they're in their cars. Hmm who's that!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

COPS EVEN NOD

Best Nod eva is from cops on marked up bikes most just want to hav fun too................. Prob............. lol

Reply to this Topic
ghostmikey

Jun 12

ghostmikey says:

Because biking isn't the community it once was. People buy bikes nowadays as a sunday rompasuit thrash and on top of that think they're better than everyone else. Combine these two things and you get an ignorant arrogant bunch of individuals ruining the once strong group of the minority of road users.

Reply to this Topic
Breadmikey

Sep 12

Breadmikey says:

I always nod and 9 out of 10 times get a nod back. I even nod the learners and moped riders cause you never know if they could be working up to their test or youngster waiting til he or she is old enough to get the big bike

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices