Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

Last Sunday I rode from my home near Exeter to my in-laws' house in Birmingham. I must have passed over 100 bikes but, despite my cheery waves, only received half a dozen or so nods in return. What's wrong with bikers these days; why does hardly anyone wave anymore?  Your answer could help. The best will be printed in next week's MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 15:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Why do

some feel the need to tip a nod at every other biker they see?  I acknowledge the guys I see on my daily commute and will have a bit of banter if we're at the lights together, but as for acknowledging every other bike on the road, why?  I don't know them from Adam.  I don't feel the need to follow any 'unwritten rule', special biker code or any other old bollocks.   How do you know that that stranger you nod to every morning isn't the local paedophile? 

I don't think it's being rude or ignorant.  If I see you broken down or involved in an accident I'll stop and help, but sharing a form of transport doesn't automatically bond us together.  I'm doing my thing and going my places and you're doing yours.  Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am but sorry, I don't want to be your new best friend!

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Something wrong

With you......I have just ridden from France arriving home in South Wales about 2hrs ago, my neck is stiff from nodding, the French bikers wave rather than nod or give you the victory sign (opposite of fuck off) so nodding is still going on perhaps you just don't notice.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Government conspiracy??

New riders are being taught not to nod through a secret government scheme. The scheme states that if new riders stop nodding, existing riders will get fed up and disheartened by the collapse of the biking brotherhood, they will eventually give up on biking, use the car for every journey and make the world a much safer place to live. ........................PLEASE DON'T STOP NODDING......................

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

romford04.....

you ride a BMW by any chance?????

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

I nod to real bikers

not twats. You can easily see who the non-twats are. They're riding in all weathers, actually go round corners on sportsbikes, have dirty bikes with quintuple-figure mileages and you see them on the same stretch of road at the same time every morning, come wind, rain, hail or shine. I'll nod to a CG125 rider in the middle of winter before I'll acknowledge a Gixxer with chicken strips getting in my way on a Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Ha ha!

Nice one SNEV..

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

My mate Cliff says.......

"It's so funny, how we don't nod any more" I used to think that life was sweet, used to think we were so complete,.......

Reply to this Topic
urbanfireblade

Sep 11

i agree

When i rode my Fireblade i got many nods yet when i ride my Ducati Monster i get 1 in 5 nod at me. I think its a hier archy thing and snobbish too. Sportsbike riders will not nod to bikes they regard as lesser bikes, bmw riders and harley riders NEVER nod at me even if im on my 1200 suzuki. I nod to all except bloody vespa riders who ignore you totally.

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Wave or nod at everyone if you miss this ignore me if you don't

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Snev.

Good one Snev. Congratulations.

Reply to this Topic