Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

Last Sunday I rode from my home near Exeter to my in-laws' house in Birmingham. I must have passed over 100 bikes but, despite my cheery waves, only received half a dozen or so nods in return. What's wrong with bikers these days; why does hardly anyone wave anymore?  Your answer could help. The best will be printed in next week's MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 15:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

ruxxy

im not that is my experience bar the 4 that have noded my way the other 2000 are stuck up

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Yeah but ruxxy man

bet you get more nods now eh.:wink::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Cypher6

Jul 11

Cypher6 says:

Some but not others

Has to be said it's rare that you don't get a response if you acknowledge another biker, and for most that don't, they normally have a reason: Bright sunlight in their eyes, riding two up, on a bend, braking, or heads down a going for it... If I don't get a nod or wave back I usually accept they have a reason. I very much doubt it a personal slant against me! The only real exceptions that I come across tend to be those on 50/125cc, who normally look either confused or scared if a big bike acknowledges them (Sadly I think they have gotten largely forgotten by us big bike riders, thats thats another subject entirely...) Or they tend to be big custom bike riders who i general find rude weather your on a sports bike or in a car. The only time they ever seem to pay attention is when I've 'borrowed' my Dads big Dragstar.

Reply to this Topic
jahtlR

Jun 12

jahtlR says:

depends where you are

unfortunately the world is just a much less friendly place now and look at places like Lincolnshire where the population is mainly eastern European, their not exactly renowned for their interpersonal skills.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MAGPIES...?????

anyone Spit or Salute ??????

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

When i was commuting to and from work on my yamaha sr125, i got nods off most bikers during the 70 mile round trip each day. maybe it's different in the south, but here in the north everyone i've encountered seems friendly

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Girls?????

Any one Spit or......erm...

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

: Why don't we nod anymore?

i live in the north and most riders i come across nod but perhaps some small bike riders might not but perhaps they are unaware .

Reply to this Topic
stidds

Nov 02

stidds says:

I live in Bristol and the majority of riders nod to each other.  The only riders that as a rule do not nod back are Harley Davidson riders as Madshep has also noticed.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Rude?

Harley-Davidson riders do not wave, since they are so very badass – part of the Harley-Davidson Lifestyle™ which is included at no extra charge with every purchase.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices