Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

Last Sunday I rode from my home near Exeter to my in-laws' house in Birmingham. I must have passed over 100 bikes but, despite my cheery waves, only received half a dozen or so nods in return. What's wrong with bikers these days; why does hardly anyone wave anymore?  Your answer could help. The best will be printed in next week's MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 September 2012 15:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Depends

There's too much traffic about these days for that kind of carry-on. If I make eye contact with another road user and the occasion demands I still acknowledge them, whether in a car, on foot or on a bike. Simple good manners but nodding all over the place can get a bit out of hand.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hi gfyall.....

Whats with the "snot" thing?

Reply to this Topic
pissedsid

Feb 12

pissedsid says:

noddy and big ears

done nodding today with some success but i don't nod scooters because there usually used by a bunch of f$$king retards, and id rather flick the v's at the noisy little b££tards. or run them off the road

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

gfyall

:biggrin: I get it now , your " I  always nod unless it's a cunt called snot or snev or something horribly common" remark is your response to my 80 day old comment about "polishing your helmet":unsure: or maybe it's a love thing:tongue:.?

Reply to this Topic
godallmighty

Sep 12

godallmighty says:

snave does not no what he is talking about..

:mad:a good reply to the nod ?is you are not a real biker.

i nod to all i pass, and i ride in all weathers because i am an advanced rider who does not need to put my knee down to go fast around corners so i do have chicken strips on my tyres i dont  need to put my knee down. unlike the dick head who over took me on a corner with double white lines in a 50 speed limit with his mates shaking there heads in disbelief .What a twat

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

If there's time

I give a nod, rarely get one back but it's not like it's leaving someone hanging with a hi five! I nodded at a biker this morning who was just getting ready to mount up and got a wave back, which was nice and even got a nod from a scooterist so I returned the favour. If there's time to do it give a nod you miserable sods it's like smiling at a stranger, it either makes them happy or think you're a nut-job, either way it's just a bit of fun.

Reply to this Topic
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

Im usually the first to nod, its been about 50/50 to whether i get one back. There's a few bikers round my area i see regularly, they always nod. I nod to most, learners, cruisers, trailies, but any chavvies on scooters wearing trackies and a tshirt get the 'head shake/wanker sign' oh and any nobba who are riding dangerously.

Reply to this Topic
goggo

Apr 12

goggo says:

as above

iveplain  just the two leters from the two t....s who say about you should have a dirty bike and so on and you can see the t....s coming theres no wonder theres no peace in the world when we cant find peace and friendship in our own biker  fellowship i dont care what you ride how you ride be it sunday afernoon or rider around the world as obe one kan-obi you are a  biker plain and simple why do these people have to judge people all the time  i my self ride a bike which i bought new and then made all the boxes and fairing leg shield windscreen seats armrests everything myself and i am very proud of my bike but its not to everybodies taste even though they are suprised when i tell them its home made as you can imagine i talk to a lot of people because of it and thats great  bikers are bikers end  

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

Noddyng

Sometimes the nods are so small you can't easily see them, but they're there.

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

noddin

i nod at everyone, if they dont nod back i follow them home and piss on their handlebars, also nod at the crackling, they love it!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices