Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati

Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone will ride for the Pramac Ducati squad on full factory Desmosedici machinery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Although they will both race for the satellite squad run by Pramac, a statement from Ducati confirmed that Spies and Iannone will have a direct link to the Bologna factory and they will be supplied with official equipment...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 September 2012 17:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

BB.

You may well be right my friend..

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

whemy... You B*tch!

Your avatar was my phone wallpaper for years until the last one got pinched. Respect!!! One of the best GP photos of all time. Give us a link if you found it online. I think I snapped mine out of a book..... ***** Anyway it is a bit of a shame that what was a long shot now means all hope of getting on a 1000 is all but gone for Redding one must feel. I would prefer he got a shot on a Gresini bike but he is probably too far down the pecking order for what will be a very desirable seat. Fans can only hope some rare but better opportunity will present itself for Scotty for 2014.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Another promising carrerr bites the dust

Reply to this Topic
wallymann

Aug 10

wallymann says:

well, doesnt look good for his long-term prospects....

...the list of careers seriously side-tracked by the duck-of-death is long and distinguished.

maybe he'll ride the ill-mannered desmo for 2 seasons, then spearhead suzuki's return to the GP paddock.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

If had to put money on it now would put ben as lead ducati in championship next year, maybe being the number 1 in team is what he needs, would be worried about that development though, would be good if audi have some changes planned and afew new faces in the garages,

Reply to this Topic
duc67

May 12

duc67 says:

Great line up

4 great riders on Ducati, factory support to all of them, exciting indeed!

It's nice to see that the Bologna guys dont give up like Kawa and Suzuki did when things was a bit uphill. I bet Spies will do well, the few times his M1 was anywhere close to work a whole weekend he mostly got good results. Thumbs up!!  

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

yawwwn

I was far more excited about the thought of Ben on the Gresini bike. This does nothing for me. I have no doubt that the Ducati factory is paying his wage because no way can Pramac afford him. So at least the money is good. I hope Audi is doing some good things in the background or else this will be a losing bet. Excited to see Iannone has finally been promoted to the big leagues though.

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

Look a little deeper Rawdawg

It might just be a stroke of brilliance. Consider this: Ducati announced recently that they will be doing a major re-fit to their racing department, no doubt mandated by their new German overlords, who simply won't stand for their new brand to be tarnished for much longer with a crap product that even the GOAT couldn't ride or develop in any positive way. Ben signed a one year deal to ride a bike that is identical or nearly identical to the factory rides. Suzuki will try to sign him for their 2014 effort and that will give Ben a chance to shine on the Duc and be a part of its resurrection under Audi's watchful eye. If it doesn't improve dramatically in that time, he can jump ship to the zook and will have never left the series. Plus, it is now expected that the bike is trash, after the failure of Vale and Jerry B to "fix it." He has a very low goal to best, if his goal is to do better than Vale. If the bike is somehow drastically improved for 2013 and her riders, including Ben, shine on it, he looks like a hero. The honda has been a winner. So has the Yamaha. Not the 1,000cc Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Could be a clever move by spies, either Ducati will work with Audi money or spies will be at Suzuki in 14 ,but even with more money how long will it take for Ducati to be competitive ?.jb & Rossi couldn't make it work, who can?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Iannone

Whats the consensus on Iannone ? I hope he does well , I hope marquez does too, Bradl has shown moto2 riders can ride motogp , or has he? .Many years ago 1 off rides givewn to 250cc riders sometimes went incredibly well , Luca Cadalora springs to mind , and John Kocinski and for that matter Niall Mackenzie . Bradl hasnt threatened the podium yet , but are the days of rookies challenging for a podium gone?. Personally I cant wait for next year , so many changes .Getting excited already :)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices