Skip to content

DUCATI Video: Ducati Streetfighter 848 longterm trip report STREETFIGHTER 848

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > STREETFIGHTER 848 > Video: Ducati Streetfighter 848 longterm trip report

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati Streetfighter 848 longterm trip report

Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves recently took some time off to ride his longterm Ducati Streetfighter 848 on the beautiful roads of France and Italy. Here he shares his trip.   brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 September 2012 15:09)

Post a message in STREETFIGHTER 848

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Green.

It's good to see that MCN have gone green and are now filming with a potato.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Something very cool about the stability of the helmet cam as the bike moves about.  On that note, you boys weren't hanging around either were you?  Nice report (if your in the market for that kinda bike).  It aint a bad job you have Neevesy although sure it's not all glam as your fingers type under your weary eyes during the interim flights.  Still, it's all seamless to us which means you're doing a goob job mate. 

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Journalism?

I discounted journalism as a career option because the thought of writing boring coloumns for broadsheet newspapers never appealed to me. Having just watched this video, I now realise that I made a serious misjudgement... You lucky git Neavsey, nice report though!

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

Great Stuff

Excellent work more reviews like this please, I look forward to the Ibiza one.

It was like watching a biking version of Top Gear. Makes me want to go off on my own adventures. Really good editing too. Have to agree with Shawno76 you were'nt hanging about on those twisties. Those drops look a bit distracting. No time for target fixation eh!

Reply to this Topic
Mike P

Aug 08

Mike P says:

Great Update

Excellent report, great footage, commentary and music - nice job. Like the bike too!  Must try something similar.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Hey Neeves, can i trade jobs with you. If you could move to Holland and are a half decent welder? My boss say's it's ok. On topic nice vids and explanation on the streetfighter 848. I love this bike, and migh't well get one. 1 pointer i have to make? Tell everyone on MCN, how the Yellow paint job Ducati have done on this bike? Well you have to see it in real life. No film or still camera shot does the yelow justice.

Reply to this Topic
andyandyandy999

Nov 12

I love this bike, I have one in yellow, which looks amazing in the sun! It's honestly the best bike on the road without doubt, the naked keeps your speed down a bit, so you enjoy the handling, the torque, the sound and the fact that more people turn to look at it, or look around it when it's parked up than nearly any other bike! It's an amazing bike, that I love riding for any purpose, couple of hundred miles somewhere, or a quick nip into town what ever the weather!

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Top Ride

Now this is the journalism we want to see. Great bike, great roads and brilliant background to holiday riding.

Like the fact you gave the commentary a miss to hear the bikes and after having big issues with an old Italian trip, your vid actually makes me want to go back and ride it again (which I vowed I never would).

I never tire of watching this vid. Must get a ride on a Streetfighter the look awesome.

Any chance of getting a run down of the route you took for the GPS? It looks an absolute hoot. Stunning. Keep up the good work.

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Great Work

A superb video. Thank you Michael. It was great just to have a few moments to hear the sound of that twin burble through the pipes! My only wonder is whether they are the slip-ons (at about £1.2K) or the full system (at about £2.5K)? As I now have the piggy bank full enough, this video may have swung me more towards the SF848 than the Diavel; two very different beasts I know but, a hard decision to make before Spring 2013 nonetheless. I think I'll change those ugly reservoir pots for something red in billet though! Thanks again. -B-

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices