Skip to content

Discuss This Jonathan Rea unsure of MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jonathan Rea unsure of MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jonathan Rea unsure of MotoGP future

Jonathan Rea says he has no idea whether he will be lining up with Cal Crutchlow and Bradley Smith in MotoGP next year. The British rider has been strongly linked with a full-time switch to MotoGP in 2013, with the Gresini Honda squad rumoured to be closely monitoring Rea’s performance in Misano and Motorland Aragon this month. Rea will replace injured reigning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 September 2012 17:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Jonny Rea unsure of Motogp future?

Well let me help you out there Jonny cakes. I imagine it'll go something like this - ride the tits off the bike for 6 or 7 laps before having the mother and father of all get offs. The guy is a gravel magnet with one tactic, race the guy infront and overtake at all costs even if that means running off or crashing. Fast but dumb.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rea - fast and dumb eh?

Typical claptrap from SM who knows nothing about the former but remain a world champ regarding the later.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Fast and dumb?

maybe later I'll show you why you're the LATTER, nobchops  =)

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

why rea

i gotta agree with mario on this. i dont honestly see johnny making an impact in motogp apart from the gravel.why hrc keep going on about this bloke is beyond me. he has flashes of speed and up front but not consistent every round give tom sykes the ride he deserves it more. 

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Johnny Rae

I've always been a fan of JRs..He may "bin" it more than a top rider should, but the Fireblade isn't on the same level as the BMW and Aprilia in WSBK, hence he is riding the 'blade past its limitations to keep on the pace. HRC recognise this, and have given him the opportunity to show what he can do...On another note, look what happened to another "crasher", a certain Casey Stoner ;)

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Decisions been made. He's got the ride. Hope he makes the best of it. He's put the effort in to get there while riding in another comp so fair play to him. Easy on the bridgestones though....

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Wish him well

but, it does have to be said, he's got the same problem now in WSB as he did in BSB, he's never going to win any titles, for the simple reason, he doesn't finish enough races, he's fast enough, but he over rides it, and when him and Laverty start trading places, they're just a pair of no brainers, and either one or both of them end up with their arse in the gravel, and likely take out other riders. If he could settle down, as he did in the 8hr, he could do well, and the same goes for this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Good luck Rea

Good luck Rea for the next couple of GP rounds. I see these stand-in rides he's going to be doing as his big chance of getting employment into the GP paddock full-time. As long as he keeps upright and stays away from the gravel, I'm sure he'll do just fine. I'd love to see another Brit in the MotoGP line-up for next year, so hopefully Rea can grasp this opportunity with both hands and do the best job he can.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

To finish first, first you must finish..

This is a great opportunity for Rea, he's being given the red carpet treatment by HRC..and THEY obviously think he's worth the trouble.

The Gresini spot with an HRC backed RCV next year is his for the taking if he impresses over the next 2 races but he's got to bring it home..twice. His reputation as a crasher precedes him, people are looking to shoot him down and he can't afford to reinforce negative opinion.

If everything runs to plan you have the Spanish duo gapping Cal, Dovi and Ben. The batlle for 6th could be close with any one of Rea, Rossi, Bradl, Hayden and Bautista..betwin have Rea joint sixth favourite with Rossi!

If he can get in amongst that bunch and finish both races..I reckon he'll get the job.

A good grid slot is important since they started running Misano backwards, crashing in QP chasing the lap time is acceptable.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Wot no bitching

A real nice précis Wosi, hopefully we could be in for some less processional racing next year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices