Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow targets podium return in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow targets podium return in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow targets podium return in Misano

Cal Crutchlow is confident success starved British fans won’t have to wait too long for another MotoGP podium success as he goes in search of a second successive top three in Misano this weekend. The Coventry rider made a huge career breakthrough in Brno last month when he became the first British rider in 12 years to stand on a MotoGP...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 September 2012 17:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Perhaps

Bradl, in his rookie year, is on a better specification bike than Crutchlow was in his rookie year.

After all, Edwards, with all his experience, faired little better last year, did he.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Bultoboy

very true

some people are just very bitter towards people that will achieve more in life that they ever could

that is all.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Flob, you want answers from others..

..and yet you choose to vanish when reply's are given that you can't argue back to. Yesterday, on another thread, you mentioned that Cal has crashed at 75% of races. I replied that he's presently 5th in the championship which makes him roughly 75% better than the rest of the grid. We didn't here a peep out of you after that...

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

CHR

Dont wast your time talking to kids

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

look the kid is fishing for comments now

crazy how it craves attention all the time its mother must not payed it any attention

dont talk to the kid on here

that is all.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Flobaloba..

Mr Flob.  You seem like a reasonable sort of chap to me.  So am sure you'll join my thinking that comparing rookie seasons for Bardl & Crutchlow isn't fair.  Bradl is a Moto2 champion (no mean feat) with intimate knowledge of the same tracks in the premier class.  Therefore he should be expected to spend less time learning the track and concentrate on set-up and different braking points.  He's also on a superior machine than the 2011 M1 satellite bike.  Crutchlow was a rookie on the 800's which (by most expert admission) requires a very specific line.  So not only was Cal learning the tracks, he was learning the bike, the set-up, the tyres, correct lean angle, braking points corner entry and everything else.   Bradl is on a different bike altogether therefore I would expect him to place higher in his 2012 rookie season than Cals 2011 venture.  Which he has.

Had Bradl entered last year on the Honda, then I'd take your points as valid.  So would Bradl when Cal came charging past him with a broken ankle at Silverstone earlier this year.  Sorry mate, just seems like your clutching at Dunlop ditch finders with your comments...

Reply to this Topic
gooey1

Aug 07

gooey1 says:

Flob

Your persistent and obsessive dislike for Calvin is fascinating.  "Slower than Crutchlow" - WTF ?  I'll grant you that WSS champion is not up there with the highest accolades in this sport but that only makes his achievements this year all the more admirable.

The only way that Crutchlow and Bradl can be compared as Rookies is the simple fact that it was their first year in the class but there can be no doubt that coming up through the 'feeder' MOTO classes is a far better and beneficial grounding and preparation than coming from WSS and WSB (as many have proven) - if I'm not mistaken WSS tyres must be road legal FFS.

Crutchlow is now looking to be 'our' must successful GP rider since Bazzer.  I used to piss myself with excitement watching Niall Mackenzie getting in the top 5 back in the 90's (even though he was Scottish and I'm English) and CC is now doing that regularly - why bemoan it just because you are Welsh (if you actually are) ?  Let's face it, you're unlikely to be seeing any Welshmen on MOTOGP podiums in your lifetime, or winning cricket, rugby world cups, football, tennis so why not get behind him since he's from the country that pays for your social benefits.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

in fact you will get more sense out of a kid.....

.....than a certin retard from the valleys. There is a reason we English banished them to the valleys

a certian someone in here is proving my point and there isent a sheep in sight

that is all.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

what pie is it..?

For dinner (or supper if you're public school educated - although I don't expect to find any of them on this forum) I like Steak & Ale, Steak & kidney, Chicken & Leek (firm fave).  For dessert I like Key Lime and Banoffee. Blueberry and Cherry.  Then apple.  In that order.  Served hot with ice cream over custard.  I saw a shark swimming in custard once - it looked quite dangerous.  Just like the boys on the edge of the rubber.  Hard bastards.  Pork & apple Sausage anyone?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What's cooking?

Cal has out qualified Dovi 9 out of 11 (he missed Silverstone) and..has a faster race lap than him in 8 out of 12 races.

In his own words I’ve rode well this year without being spectacular, trying to improve his consistency..learning. A lot of the time he's been battling it's been with his team mate, no sense in taking them both out? 

It's clear Crutchlow is as fast or faster than Dovi but Dovi is Mr.Consistent in the races, he's cute..we all know this, he was 3rd last year without a win on a Repsol ffs.. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices