Skip to content

KAWASAKI New Kawasaki ZX-6R officially unveiled ZX-6R

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > ZX-6R > New Kawasaki ZX-6R officially unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Kawasaki ZX-6R officially unveiled

As revealed by MCN last month, the 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R will return to a displacement of 636cc, with strong low to mid range power for a more tractable engine. Kawasaki has officially unveiled the machine, which was first spotted by MCN during a photoshoot on the Isle of Man. The new bike will use Kawasaki's latest traction control system, which offers three...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 September 2012 17:52)

Post a message in ZX-6R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

thats a god awful exhaust and its a strange one going back up on the cc.

there leading the SS with the 600 but next year they wont be able to enter the new bike next year

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

636 roadbike could mean

homologation special for the track

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

ALL FAIR TREATMENT

Why not enter this bike next year?

if ducati can do it so do kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Because yzrm1

This would be a 4 cylinder 636cc bike racing against other 4 cylinder 600's.

Not the same as Ducati's capacity advantage. 2 cylinder 1,200 vs 4 cylinder 1,000's.

I don't know why everyone makes such a fuss about Ducati 1,200's twins racing 1,000 fours.

They had a bigger % advantage in the old days when they were allowed 1,000 twins against 750 fours.

(25% increase against a 16.66% increase now).

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

636 not legal

the reg say a 4 pot can be 600cc max so 636 isn't legal

3 pot can be 675 max

and twin pot 750cc max

Reply to this Topic
Antnee_

Feb 06

Antnee_ says:

ZX6RR

They used to do a ZX6R 636cc and a ZX6RR 600cc, so I would expect to see one of those turn up too

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

fair

Yes it realy is fair what are we talking about!!!

So have less cc's needs to rev way higher to perform and have way less torque, yep thats fair! well its fair as long your name is ducati.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

These are lovely bikes, had mine for 2 years now and it's filled me with such confidence. I kept crashing my GPZ 500, it was a horrible bike with the worst suspension and gives you no feedback until you're off. I wrote that off and decided to get one of these because I saw an ex demo that only done 300 miles and it was £6000 so a bargain. Always been so planted, never felt like coming off once and it's been the first bike where I've had the ability to get rid of my chicken strips. I got rid of the nasty OEM Bridgestone tyres and swapped them for the Pilot Road 3s and you get so much more grip from them. My Bridgestones lasted 2500miles before I started seeing the wires, so far I've done that on the Pilot Road 3s and it looks like I'll have another 4000-5000 miles on them yet which is great. I really don't get why the government are locking out these sized engines for people under like 24 or whatever it's changing to now. It's madness because I've felt more safe on this bike than I have on any other I've owned. Smaller engines just don't have the weight so they feel really wobbly. I loved my RS125 but the thing had no weight to it, it blew around in the wind lol.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

As I said guys

The 636cc roadbike could well point to a 600cc homologation special for the track.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

A sports Kawasaki is green, or another color. But not black and green! There will be a 600 RR for Superglue i reckon. I would love a verry Tech, light grunty ZX800R. Sure there is no class to race in? But the Suzuki Gsxr750 seems to be verry good in every review. And it sell's

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices