Skip to content

Discuss This New sporty 125 for £2399 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New sporty 125 for £2399

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New sporty 125 for £2399

Learners looking for sports bike styling on a budget can now get the 125RR from WK Bikes for £2399. Chinese-made it has adjustable shocks and USD forks with twin front discs. It's available in red or white. Would you go for a WK over a more expensive 125 like the Yamaha R125? Let us know below.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 September 2012 15:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Chinese POS for £2400?!

Title should be "Would anyone in their right mind buy a Chinese POS for £2399"....NO!

If I was looking for a sporty 125 I would spend that money on a 18 month old Yam YZF125 or as mentoined, ignore the plastic sports 125 and get a Honda CBF.  I had one and it never ever faultered and still looked like new after 5000 miles in all weathers. Japan > China.

Reply to this Topic
Ian610

Sep 12

Ian610 says:

No, but alternatives?

Now I have passed my test and bought a bigger bike, obviously I wouldn't go back to a 125, but I have past experience with chinese 125's. I bought a Lexmoto Street 125 when I was on L's for £999 OTR and it was a fantastic little bike for the money. Ok, the build quality wasn't the best, but that's reflected in the price. That would be the bike I'd choose if I was a learner. Not some small capacity, plastic clad sports bike wannabe.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

£3400

at current exchange rates ($5500) is what an Aprilia RS 125 would cost me.  Seems a much better idea for a 125 class bike.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

chinkywinky

Is WK the first and last letter of a four letter word?

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Chinese or not?

Maybe that price is to high, or really, how much is closest 125 "build" by Any other famous Brand , not under 4000....Especialy would like to heard how brakes work and suspension(because look very good, i do  not know, look can be decisive)But for most 3 to 4 years,(better be prepare) chinese will start to make bikes, which will enough good for every average biker, than all what will rest will be mater of Brand.

P.S

Do many people know that BMW engines (big parts of them)made at  KYMCO metal factory for casting engine blocks, etc on Taiwan? but when somebody pay BMW,  pay for BMW badge not KYMCO badge

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

This..?

..or a sub 5000 mile YZF-R on a 10 plate that's done all it's losing?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Out-sourcing

@ Toecutter71 – True, but also note that the BMW G-Series motor is now made by Lifan in China (formerly made by Rotax in Austria).

Reply to this Topic
evilgenius

Aug 05

evilgenius says:

Cost

So that’s how much it costs to stamp out one of these bikes and make a healthy profit. See how much were being ripped off by all the other bike manufactures.

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Is this the start of the death of the japanese and european bike industry. I'd hate to see any of the european bike or car manufacturers go. Thats why we as europeans should support our own bike companies. Losing manufacturing jobs is very bad for a already bad economy. It would effect everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Badge of Marque

@ daveire – The names will stay, but we will see more and more production switched to low wage countries, with only the high-end bikes still made in Japan, Europe, and the US/Canada (n.b., Harley-Davidson is high-end in price, despite the low-tech nature of much of its product).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices