Skip to content

Discuss This New sporty 125 for £2399 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New sporty 125 for £2399

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New sporty 125 for £2399

Learners looking for sports bike styling on a budget can now get the 125RR from WK Bikes for £2399. Chinese-made it has adjustable shocks and USD forks with twin front discs. It's available in red or white. Would you go for a WK over a more expensive 125 like the Yamaha R125? Let us know below.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 September 2012 15:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Beware those that make denigrating comments about Chinese bikes. The same sort of thing was said about Japanese cars and bikes and then.....

Reply to this Topic
wolfy35

Apr 12

wolfy35 says:

I don't know about this bike but several of the Chinese 125 bikes that are available in UK make no secret of the fact they either use Yamaha engines or Honda engines made under licence. Increasingly car & bike production is being switched to lower production cost countries so only a fool would discount any machine based on name or country alone.

Reply to this Topic
psychoSam

Aug 12

psychoSam says:

I bought a Chinese bike to ride after passing my CBT and have just sent it back to the dealer for the second time, Petrol came out and went into the engine. Twice. My Husband has just got me a second hand Yamaha which is so much better than my new Lexmoto.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

wolfy35

You are spot on ,the rate of improvement in quality is improving at an incredible rate it all reminds me of when people used to mock those funny little jap bikes ! the chinese wont stop at making small bikes either and i include 650s in that .they will make 1000cc bikes within 5 years.if you have the money and they have you can build anything.triumph went from nothing to world player because of john bloors money.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Quality Control...

Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Triumph, H-D, Victory, BMW (and probably others) all have some production done in the far east.

It really doesn't make any difference where something is made, what counts is the quality of the materials and the quality of the manufacturing.

Once the Chinese start using the correct materials and proper manufacturing they will be contenders.

Even then the purely Chinese bike brands will struggle.

People just want a badge they think they can trust and are stupid enough to pay through the nose for it.

Just ask BMW whose new ten grand (eek) maxi-scooters are largely manufactured in Taiwan by Kymco but [i]assembled[/i] in Germany.

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Aftersales support

Quality is improving and a few manufacturers are putting out reasonable bikes, but a big hurdle is still the aftersales support. Should something go wrong, and personal experience has shown me that there is a fairly good chance something will break, is the dealer/importer/manufacturer going to have parts or even be in existence a year or two down the line?

Reply to this Topic
Sehp

Sep 12

Sehp says:

Support

I have a Lexmoto/Wk dealer near me, the customer support is great. I've seen the wk bikes and they look, and feel amazing. You wouldn't know they were Chinese unless you were told, maybe further long down the line, problems will arise, but the low cost, and repairs cost may make it worth it

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

This isn't "low cost" though

And neither is the "WK" branded CF Moto 650, when you consider the cost to own rather than to just purchase.  And that's the answer to the "People laughed at Japanese bikes/cars" brigade.  Those were signifcantly cheaper and better made and more stylish than the alternatives.

The Chinese, bless 'em, just produce knock offs.  Quality control is erratic, and prices, well, go for the cheaper ones, the markup that we pay in the UK is no guarantee of quality.

Again, I've owned two, and they were OK. But factoring in ongoing insurance hassles and guaranteed low resale, and they need to have a significantly cheaper purchase price than the real brand competition to make any sense as a new bike.

Best buys are 3 year old bikes with fresh MOTs on them.  They've taken their big depreciation hit, you've got some assurance that they're roadworthy, and you can see how well they've lasted over some UK winters.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Chinky WanK bikes

125cc bikes always suffer badly from "Quality" issues. But it's more down to the hamfisted, lack of knowledge, teenage owners that cause the problems.

Just look at a 3 year old, 3 previous owners CBR125... Maintenence is MORE than just putting fuel in the tank...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Management

All comes down to management. Check out a Wuyang-Honda NHX110 (Lead 110 in some markets, Elite 110 in others), note the high quality of fit and finish (as well as the way everything works), then notice the very reasonable price.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices