Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies explains Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies explains Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies explains Ducati switch

Ben Spies has given his reasons for abandoning plans to return to World Superbikes in 2013 to sign a deal to race a factory-backed Ducati in MotoGP. The Texan looked certain to be heading to World Superbikes to partner Marco Melandri in a BMW Italia effort when he revealed in Indianapolis that he if he was racing in 2013 it would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 September 2012 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha ha top three...

...in the championship on a satellite Ducati. Not likely benny boy

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Spies is chomping at the bit

to tell the real story here. Which will come out once his Yamaha contract expires. That being of course what we all know. Dorna levered him off the M1 to make room for that sad sack Rossi.

Ducati have a strong line up 2013, well sans Hayden. Ben could do very well on that bike, which as faster than Rossi first time rider Iannone showed us in his Mugello test, is a very good machine. 2013 will have riders that will do the thing justice and all for a budget less than the salary of that monumental flop Rossi. A great four for one deal.

2013 the year pride comes back to the Ducati riders.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Nostro

That I can believe.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

nostro

Get your digs in for Rossi while you can, because next year when he is winning you will look a dick slagging off a winner.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Spies likes being the underdog like I said a couple of days back I think the move to Ducati is a good move also I would be worried about Ducati in the long term with the backing of Audi they could plot a massive surprise like they did in 2007. I also happen to think if Ben does well assuming Suzuki don't return in 2014 he could be line to take his fellow American's ride in the works Ducati team.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Prescott BB?

More like Rumsfeld don't you think? A few known unknowns interspersed with a a dollop of unknowable knowns if y'all know what I mean.

Elbowz. Welcome back! How was your 24 hour permanent retirement from MCN? Did you use the break well? Go anywhere interesting, Crash.net perchance? Or are you only back part time? Y'know....for the Spies threads?

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Nostro

I agree,what a flop Rossi has been! Will be interesting hearing his excuses when Spies beats him on a satellite bike!! Lol!! and in fact Pramac may have a stronger team than the factory!! Bring it on!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Nostro of course I used the break well like I pointed out to you I only put 2-3 posts from know on. While I do agree with you what you said on Rossi being a complete flop Eddy that would be awesome watching it Spies kicking Rossi on a satellite Duke more importantly giving the Ducati works riders a run for their money and beating them when the opportunity comes.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know what you did there Elbowz

If you know what I mean. Night night now.

Reply to this Topic
No44

Aug 11

No44 says:

move to Ducati

For a man that is riding easily the best handling bike in the padock and still can't cut it, he better start praying cause he will need it on that ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices